Mallards Place Marino on Injured Reserve
MOLINE, Ill. - The Quad City Mallards of the "AA" Central Hockey League today announced they have placed winger Brandon Marino on 10-day injured reserved.
Marino has been forced out of the lineup by a hand injury. The 24-year old second year Mallard has scored three goals and totaled 17 points while playing in each of the Flock's first 27 games this season- including Quad City's 2-0 win over the Bloomington PrairieThunder last night.
Marino is joined on the sidelines by three teammates- forwards Mike McLean and Tyler Shelast and goaltender Adam Russo- who were placed on injured reserve yesterday. McLean (lower body injury) and Shelast (lower body injury) are also on 10-day I.R. Russo (upper body injury) was put on 14-day goaltender I.R.
The Mallards return to action at home tomorrow night at 7:05 p.m. against the Wichita Thunder. The first 1,000 fans ages 18-and-over through the doors for that game will receive free Mallards winter beanies courtesy of Fox 18.
Tickets for next tomorrow night's game- and all Mallards regular season home games- are available in person at the i wireless Center box office, at Ticketmaster outlets, through www.ticketmaster.com or through Ticketmaster charge-by-phone toll free at 1-800-745-3000. Family day tickets can also be purchased online at http://myqcmallards.com/tickets/familyday/ . The ticket office is open Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and on game days other than Sunday from 10:00 a.m. until the end of the first period. On Sundays on which the Mallards play at home the ticket office will be open from 1:00 p.m. until the end of the first period.
About the Quad City Mallards The Quad City Mallards proudly take to the ice for their first "AA" Central Hockey League (CHL) season in 2010-11. All Mallards home games are played at the i wireless Center. The Mallards competed in the United Hockey League (UHL) from 1995 through 2007 and in the International Hockey League (IHL) in 2009-10. The Mallards' proud history has seen them capture the UHL's Colonial CupChampionship three times (1997, 1998, 2001) and secure that league's Tarry Cup four times (1998, 2000, 2001, 2002) for the best overall regular season record. In 2001, the Mallards made professional hockey history, recording their sixth consecutive season with 50 or more wins, a feat which has yet to be matched. For more information on the Quad City Mallards or to get your tickets for unprecedented family fun at affordable prices, fans should visit www.MyQCMallards.com . Fans can also follow the Mallards via Twitter at twitter.com/myqcmallardsand on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/quadcitymallards.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 28, 2010
- Jacks Win a Wild One Over Bees, 5-3 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Early Lead Isn't Enough for Fire to Melt Ice - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Americans Blast Brahmas for Vintage Series Sweep - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Score Two in Third to Beat Oilers, 2-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Potent Power-Play Not Enough, Bees Fall to Jacks' 5-3 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Gems Complete Comeback with 4-3 Win Over Evansville - Dayton Gems
- Jeff Harvey Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Muncy and Lewicki Return to Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Texas' Jeff Harvey Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- Komets Add Podshendyalov to Roster; Schrock Placed on I.R. - Fort Wayne Komets
- Eagles Add Veteran Forward Dan Sullivan - Colorado Eagles
- Mallards Place Marino on Injured Reserve - Quad City Mallards
- The PrairieThunder this Week - Issue #13 - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Bucks Start Desert Swing Wednesday - Laredo Bucks
- Thunder Takes One of Three - Wichita Thunder
- Bucks Ink Matte - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad City Mallards Stories
- Mallards Clearance Sale this Week
- Motte, Osipov Head to AHL
- Mallards Rally to Win Finale
- Mallards Game Day
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings