Texas' Jeff Harvey Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week
December 28, 2010 - Central Hockey League (CHL) News Release
TEMPE, AZ -The Central Hockey League announced today that Texas' Jeff Harvey has been named the Oakley Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Week for the period ending December 26, 2010.
In recognition of his achievement, Harvey will receive a special gift from Oakley. To learn more about the wide range of Oakley products, visit www.oakley.com .
The new addition to the Brahmas went 2-0 last week stopping 52 of 53 shots (.981 save percentage) allowing just one goal. He began the week shutting out the Tulsa Oilers at the BOK Center on Tuesday (33 saves). He followed that up by stopping 19 of 20 shots in relief of Kevin Beech during the Brahmas 6-3 win at Odessa. Harvey entered the game in the first period with his team trailing 2-0 but gave the Brahmas time to come back and win the game.
CHL Goaltending Leaders
Harvey began the season in Bossier-Shreveport where he posted a 3-0 record but the lack of room and opportunity forced the Mudbugs to waive him to the delight of the Brahmas who he has posted a 2-1 mark for in three decisions. Overall, the St. Albert, Alberta native is 5-1-0 with a 2.70 goals against average and a .915 save percentage.
Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week Jeff Harvey, Texas Brahmas (Weekly Totals) Games Played: 2 Record: 2-0-0 GAA: 0.58 Saves: 52 Save %: .981
Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - - Previous Winners Oct. 19 - Trevor Cann, Tulsa Oct. 26 - Marco Emond, Bloomington Nov. 2 - Juliano Pagliero, Rio Grande Valley Nov. 9 - Torrie Jung, Laredo Nov. 16 - Matt Lundin, Evansville Nov. 23 - Levente Szuper, Arizona Nov. 30 - Michel Robinson, Odessa Dec. 7 - Levente Szuper, Arizona Dec. 14- Ian Keserich, Tulsa Dec. 21- Jeff Jakaitis, Dayton Dec. 28- Jeff Harvey, Texas
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 28, 2010
- Jacks Win a Wild One Over Bees, 5-3 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Early Lead Isn't Enough for Fire to Melt Ice - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Americans Blast Brahmas for Vintage Series Sweep - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Score Two in Third to Beat Oilers, 2-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Potent Power-Play Not Enough, Bees Fall to Jacks' 5-3 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Gems Complete Comeback with 4-3 Win Over Evansville - Dayton Gems
- Jeff Harvey Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Muncy and Lewicki Return to Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Texas' Jeff Harvey Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- Komets Add Podshendyalov to Roster; Schrock Placed on I.R. - Fort Wayne Komets
- Eagles Add Veteran Forward Dan Sullivan - Colorado Eagles
- Mallards Place Marino on Injured Reserve - Quad City Mallards
- The PrairieThunder this Week - Issue #13 - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Bucks Start Desert Swing Wednesday - Laredo Bucks
- Thunder Takes One of Three - Wichita Thunder
- Bucks Ink Matte - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.