Americans Blast Brahmas for Vintage Series Sweep
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, Texas- The Allen Americans clawed back from a 3-1 deficit, scoring five un-answered goals en route to a 6-3 victory at NYTEX Sports Center. With the win, the Americans, skating tonight as the Dallas Freeze, moved to 21-5-1 for the season. The Americans are now 5-0-0 against the Brahmas this season.
After controlling play for most of the first period, the Americans fell behind 2-0 as Jason Deitsch and Chad Woolard scored goals for the Brahmas to put the home side ahead.
Brian McMillin scored on a rebound goal to bring the Americans back to within one, but a Mick Lawrence goal late in the period to make it a two-goal game once again. Americans goaltender Adrien LeMay was then removed, as Scott Campbell came in to try to turn things around for the visitors.
In the second period, Bruce Graham scored to make it a 3-2 game, where the score would stay for the remainder of the stanza.
The third period proved to be the deciding frame, as the Americans poured it on, scoring four goals to bury the Brahmas and send the sellout crowd of 2,533 home unhappy.
Starting the barrage for Allen was Graham, who scored his second of the game at 5:00 to tie things up. Greg Gallagher then scored what turned out to be the game-winner at 10:30 of the period, burying a wrister from the left-wing half boards. Gallagher came to the Americans early this season, after spending training camp with the Brahmas.
Judd Blackwater scored at 15:13 on a beautiful feed from Dave Bonk to make it a 5-3 game. Bonk would then add an empty-netter to give the Americans a plump three-goal cushion, which would turn out to be the way the game would end.
Campbell stopped all 27 shots he faced, while moving his record to 4-0-0 with the Americans. The Americans goaltender began this season with the Brahmas before moving on to Toledo(ECHL) and then Allen.
Allen will return home to face the Tulsa Oilers on New Years Eve at the Allen Event Center. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:30 PM on Friday. Allen will then face the Colorado Eagles on New Years Day at 7:00PM in Allen.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 28, 2010
- Jacks Win a Wild One Over Bees, 5-3 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Early Lead Isn't Enough for Fire to Melt Ice - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Americans Blast Brahmas for Vintage Series Sweep - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Score Two in Third to Beat Oilers, 2-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Potent Power-Play Not Enough, Bees Fall to Jacks' 5-3 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Gems Complete Comeback with 4-3 Win Over Evansville - Dayton Gems
- Jeff Harvey Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Muncy and Lewicki Return to Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Texas' Jeff Harvey Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- Komets Add Podshendyalov to Roster; Schrock Placed on I.R. - Fort Wayne Komets
- Eagles Add Veteran Forward Dan Sullivan - Colorado Eagles
- Mallards Place Marino on Injured Reserve - Quad City Mallards
- The PrairieThunder this Week - Issue #13 - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Bucks Start Desert Swing Wednesday - Laredo Bucks
- Thunder Takes One of Three - Wichita Thunder
- Bucks Ink Matte - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Allen Americans Stories
- Americans Announce Players at AHL Camps
- Americans Sign Rookie Forward from the Western League
- Team-Record Seven Americans Players Headed to Minnesota Wild Training Camp
- Americans Add Former Stars Draft Pick, and University of Denver Defenseman to the Mix
- Americans Announce Signing of Defenseman Kayle Doetzel