Jeff Harvey Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week
TEMPE, AZ -The Central Hockey League announced today that Texas' Jeff Harvey has been named the Oakley Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Week for the period ending December 26, 2010.
The new addition to the Brahmas went 2-0 last week stopping 52 of 53 shots (.981 save percentage) allowing just one goal. He began the week shutting out the Tulsa Oilers at the BOK Center on Tuesday (33 saves). He followed that up by stopping 19 of 20 shots in relief of Kevin Beech during the Brahmas 6-3 win at Odessa. Harvey entered the game in the first period with his team trailing 2-0 but gave the Brahmas time to come back and win the game.
Harvey began the season in Bossier-Shreveport where he posted a 3-0 record but the lack of room and opportunity forced the Mudbugs to waive him to the delight of the Brahmas who he has posted a 2-1 mark for in three decisions. Overall, the St. Albert, Alberta native is 5-1-0 with a 2.70 goals against average and a .915 save percentage.
The Texas Brahmas look to build on its current two game win streak with a pair of holiday home games this week. Tonight (Tuesday, December 28th) the Brahmas host the Allen Americans in the second annual Vintage Series contest at 7:00 PM at the NYTEX Sports Centre. The Brahmas will wear commemorative Fort Worth Fire jerseys while the Americans will don the Dallas Freeze sweaters. The jerseys will be auctioned throughout the night in a special silent auction. The game will also feature a free postgame skate with the players. The skate will take place immediately after the game (bring your skates or skates will be available at no charge). Friday night will feature a special New Years Eve tilt at 6:00 PM versus the Bossier Shreveport Mudbugs. Champagne will be available immediately after the contest along with special party favors and drink specials for those who join us for one hour after the contest. The final contest this week will be Sunday, January 2nd versus the Colorado Eagles at 4:00 PM. This will be the Brahmas first Sunday afternoon contest for 2010-2011 and matches the two rivals who met in the CHL Finals two seasons ago. To purchase tickets, please contact the Brahmas at (817) 336-4423 or go to for schedule and ticket information.
Copyright © 2007 Texas Brahmas, All Rights Reserved Visit us online at www.brahmas.com
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 28, 2010
- Jacks Win a Wild One Over Bees, 5-3 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Early Lead Isn't Enough for Fire to Melt Ice - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Americans Blast Brahmas for Vintage Series Sweep - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Score Two in Third to Beat Oilers, 2-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Potent Power-Play Not Enough, Bees Fall to Jacks' 5-3 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Gems Complete Comeback with 4-3 Win Over Evansville - Dayton Gems
- Jeff Harvey Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Muncy and Lewicki Return to Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Texas' Jeff Harvey Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- Komets Add Podshendyalov to Roster; Schrock Placed on I.R. - Fort Wayne Komets
- Eagles Add Veteran Forward Dan Sullivan - Colorado Eagles
- Mallards Place Marino on Injured Reserve - Quad City Mallards
- The PrairieThunder this Week - Issue #13 - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Bucks Start Desert Swing Wednesday - Laredo Bucks
- Thunder Takes One of Three - Wichita Thunder
- Bucks Ink Matte - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.