Bucks Ink Matte
LAREDO, TX- The Laredo Bucks of the Central Hockey League announced Tuesday that they have signed rookie forward Brian Matte for the 2010-11 season. Matte is expected to be in the lineup Wednesday when the Bucks start a three-game series in Arizona.
The 22-year-old Matte (pronounced Matt) attended AHL training camp with Oklahoma City prior to the start of this season.
"We've heard good things about Brian, he has a lot of talent," said Bucks President/General Manager and Head Coach Terry Ruskowski. "He will be asked to put up some points with us and we think he can do that. We need him to contribute."
Last season the Prince George, British Columbia native played 12 games for the University of Lethbridge (CWUAA) where he put up 18 points (12-618), averaging over a point per game and one goal per game.
Matte, 6'1'', 190, played three seasons of junior hockey splitting time in the WHL and BCHL.
In a total of 146 junior games Matte had 94 points (49-4549).
BENSON TO IR
The Bucks also announced Tuesday that Hans Benson has been placed on the 10-day IR retroactive to December 22nd with a lower-body injury.
In 26 games this season Benson is fourth in the CHL with 111 PIM's and has 10 points (5-510).
The Bucks start a three-game series in Arizona Wednesday night.
FOUR FOR $48 ON JAN. 7th
On January 7th-8th the Bucks will host the Mississippi Riverkings at Laredo Energy Arena. On January 7th the Bucks will offer the Friday Family Four Pack, four tickets, four hot dogs and four sodas for just $48! Call 718- BUCK (2825) to order!
2010-11 BUCKS SEASON TICKETS
Contact your personal Bucks representative or call 718-BUCK (2825) today to get your 2010-11 Bucks season tickets!
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 28, 2010
- Jacks Win a Wild One Over Bees, 5-3 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Early Lead Isn't Enough for Fire to Melt Ice - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Americans Blast Brahmas for Vintage Series Sweep - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Score Two in Third to Beat Oilers, 2-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Potent Power-Play Not Enough, Bees Fall to Jacks' 5-3 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Gems Complete Comeback with 4-3 Win Over Evansville - Dayton Gems
- Jeff Harvey Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Muncy and Lewicki Return to Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Texas' Jeff Harvey Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- Komets Add Podshendyalov to Roster; Schrock Placed on I.R. - Fort Wayne Komets
- Eagles Add Veteran Forward Dan Sullivan - Colorado Eagles
- Mallards Place Marino on Injured Reserve - Quad City Mallards
- The PrairieThunder this Week - Issue #13 - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Bucks Start Desert Swing Wednesday - Laredo Bucks
- Thunder Takes One of Three - Wichita Thunder
- Bucks Ink Matte - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.