Kingfish Defeat Bobbers 18-0 in Record Setting Night
KENOSHA, Wis. - The Kenosha Kingfish (16-9) blew out the K-Town Bobbers (9-16) with a 18-0 win on Friday night at Simmons Field.
Aided by three Bobbers errors in the 1st inning, the Kingfish opened the game by setting the team record for runs in an inning to take a 16-0 lead. Marc Filia (UC-San Diego) put the Kingfish up 6-0 on a grand slam. Kenosha went up 9-0 on a two RBI single by Joe Vyskocil (UW-Milwaukee). With a two RBI double, Matt Korman (UW-Whitewater) extended the Kingfish lead to 12-0. Drew Dyer (Carthage College) drew a bases loaded walk to put Kenosha up 13-0 and set the team record for runs in an inning. Dyer scored the final run of the frame on another bases loaded walk drawn by Bryant Bagshaw (Dominican University).
In the 3rd inning, Vyskocil added to Kenosha's lead with an RBI single to put the Kingfish up 17-0 and gave Kenosha an 18-0 lead in the 5th inning on his fourth RBI of the night.
Kyle Jablonski (MSOE) started for the Bobbers and took the loss as he was unable to make it out of the 1st inning. Jablonski finished the game allowing nine runs, six earned, on five hits and one walk in 0.2 innings pitched.
Kingfish starting pitcher Brock Weirather (Grinnell College) got the win pitching 6.0 shutout innings with three strikeouts while allowing four hits.
The 2020 Kenosha Series concludes at Simmons Field on Saturday with the Kingfish hosting the Bobbers at 6:05 PM CT.
The final game of the 2020 Kenosha Series can be streamed for free on the Kenosha Kingfish Radio Network Facebook Page. The webcast production is available through the Northwoods League Baseball Network.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 21, 2020
- Moose Come up Clutch in 3-2 Win - Bismarck Bull Moose
- Loggers Advance to WI/IL Pod Championship with 1-0 Win against Rafters - La Crosse Loggers
- Kingfish Defeat Bobbers 18-0 in Record Setting Night - Kenosha Kingfish
- Kym Lifts Spitters to Victory - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Tickets Available for Education Week - Bismarck Larks
- Rafters Face off against La Crosse Loggers in Playoff Opener - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Green Bay Heads to Fond du Lac for First Playoff Game Since 2015 - Green Bay Booyah
- The NWL Playoffs Start Tonight - La Crosse Loggers
- Rafters Walk-Off Winners in Final Game of Regular Season - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rox Finish Season with 27-13 Record - St. Cloud Rox
- Woodchucks Sweep Loggers, End Season Strong - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Stingers Cap off 2020 with Win over St. Cloud - Willmar Stingers
- MoonDogs Finish Season on Losing Streak After Facing Bucks Thursday - Mankato MoonDogs
- Wesselmann Fans 14 in 5-3 Win - Bismarck Bull Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.