Jenkins Records Double-Double as Knicks Knock off Erie, 127-121
ERIE, PA - November 16, 2018 - John Jenkins recorded a double-double as the Westchester Knicks (5-2), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, knocked off the Erie BayHawks (2-4) 127-121, at Erie Insurance Bank Arena on Friday night.
The Knicks led from opening tip to the intermission owning the hosts by as many as 15, in large part to Westchester's tenacity on the boards. The Knicks, who managed 10 total offensive boards in its last two games, grabbed nine in the first half. This in turn gave the Knicks a 13-2 margin in second-chance points, an 18-12 advantage for the game.
The second half saw a more competitive matchup. The third quarter endured three lead changes and three ties. The hosts outscored Westchester by nine in the third to see itself down just one prior to the fourth-quarter's start.
Westchester put together a 16-9 run over the final quarter's first eight minutes to go back up double-digits.
With just 64 ticks on the clock, Erie saw a deficit of just nine and managed to get it down to four following a three-pointer by Jaylen Adams. However, a pair of Luke Kornet free-throws iced the game with just two seconds remaining in regulation.
Jenkins' 35 points and 11 rebounds paced Westchester. Billy Garrett's 17 points led all reserves on the night while Isaiah Hicks (16), Kornet (15), Kadeem Allen (12) and Trevon Blueiitt (11) also ended in double-figures. Kornet's six dimes led the Knicks.
For Erie, Adams netted 44 points on 59.1-percent shooting to lead all scorers. RJ Hunter concluded with a triple-double comprised of 25 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists.
Westchester has now won three straight and will look to another win over Erie, Sunday, November 18 at the Westchester County Center. Tip is slated for 7 PM (ET). Sunday's game is the first of a five-game home-stand for the club.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 16, 2018
- Magic Pick up First Win against the Greensboro Swarm - Lakeland Magic
- Windy City Snaps Five-Game Losing Streak in Grand Rapids - Windy City Bulls
- Jenkins Records Double-Double as Knicks Knock off Erie, 127-121 - Westchester Knicks
- Knicks Best the BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Mad Ants Fall to Maine, 109-105 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Bulls Hold off Late Surge to Beat Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Stop Mad Ants - Maine Red Claws
- Wisconsin Herd Acquires Rights to Vander Blue from South Bay Lakers - Wisconsin Herd
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Returning Player Rights to Joel Bolomboy - South Bay Lakers
- Westchester Looks to Improve Win Streak at Erie - Westchester Knicks
- Skyforce Announces Partnership with Compassion Child Care of Sioux Falls - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Tonight's Game Between the Long Island Nets and Canton Charge Rescheduled for Thursday, December 6 - G League
- Tonight's Charge Game Postponed - Canton Charge
- Blue Dominates Fourth Quarter to Beat Sioux Falls - Oklahoma City Blue
- Delaware Blue Coats Announce Special Discounts and Game Details for November 20 Home Opener at The Center - Delaware Blue Coats
- Stars Defeat Lakers - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.