Wisconsin Herd Acquires Rights to Vander Blue from South Bay Lakers
The Wisconsin Herd, the NBA G League affiliate of the Milwaukee Bucks, obtained the returning player rights to Vander Blue from the South Bay Lakers in exchange for the returning player rights to Joel Bolomboy.
Blue (6-5, 200 pounds) appeared in 15 games (13 starts) last season with South Bay and averaged 19.0 points, 3.5 rebounds, 5.3 assists and 1.5 steals per game. In his five NBA G League seasons, Blue holds career averages of 23.2 points, 4.9 rebounds, 3.9 assists and 1.7 steals, while shooting 43.9 percent from the field, and earned 2017 NBA G League Most Valuable Player honors.
The Wisconsin native played three seasons at Marquette, where he received NCAA All-East Region Team member honors and All-BIG EAST Second Team selection as a junior in 2013. Blue posted career averages of 9.3 points, 3.5 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 1.0 steals per game as a Golden Eagle.
Bolomboy (6-9, 235 pounds) appeared in 30 games (29 starts) last season with the Herd and averaged 16.3 points, 9.6 rebounds and 1.1 assists, while shooting 55.8 percent from the field. Bolomboy currently plays for CSKA Moscow (Russia).
The Herd continues their three-game homestand tonight against the Capital City Go-Go at Menominee Nation Arena at 7 p.m. To purchase tickets, or for more information on the team, visit www.wisconsinherd.com or call a Herd sales representative at (920) 233-HERD. Fans not attending the game can watch the action on MYNEW32, stream via Facebook Live or listen to the game on The Score (99.1 FM in Oshkosh and 95.3 FM in the Fox Valley).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 16, 2018
- Magic Pick up First Win against the Greensboro Swarm - Lakeland Magic
- Windy City Snaps Five-Game Losing Streak in Grand Rapids - Windy City Bulls
- Jenkins Records Double-Double as Knicks Knock off Erie, 127-121 - Westchester Knicks
- Knicks Best the BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Mad Ants Fall to Maine, 109-105 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Bulls Hold off Late Surge to Beat Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Stop Mad Ants - Maine Red Claws
- Wisconsin Herd Acquires Rights to Vander Blue from South Bay Lakers - Wisconsin Herd
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Returning Player Rights to Joel Bolomboy - South Bay Lakers
- Westchester Looks to Improve Win Streak at Erie - Westchester Knicks
- Skyforce Announces Partnership with Compassion Child Care of Sioux Falls - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Tonight's Game Between the Long Island Nets and Canton Charge Rescheduled for Thursday, December 6 - G League
- Tonight's Charge Game Postponed - Canton Charge
- Blue Dominates Fourth Quarter to Beat Sioux Falls - Oklahoma City Blue
- Delaware Blue Coats Announce Special Discounts and Game Details for November 20 Home Opener at The Center - Delaware Blue Coats
- Stars Defeat Lakers - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.