Isotopes Fall Under .500 for First Time Since Opening Night
Aviators 21 (26-21), Isotopes 10 (23-24) - Las Vegas Ballpark - Summerlin, Nev.
AT THE DISH: Pat Valaika and Garrett Hampson each finished the night 3-for-5 at the plate. Valaika recorded three singles and an RBI while Hampson also knocked home a run and registered a double ... The only home run on the evening was hit by Sam Hilliard, his team-leading 14th of the season. Hilliard finished the night 2-for-4 with a triple to go along with his home run.
TOEING THE RUBBER: In his return from the injured list, Ryan Castellani took the loss after allowing six runs over 2.2 innings. The right-hander struck out two and walked three ... Also returning to the hill for the Isotopes was David Holman who tossed 3.1 shut-out innings out of the bullpen ... Holman had been on the tempory inactive list ... Phillip Diehl hurled a scoreless frame while James Pazos allowed one run in his inning of work.
TOPES TIDBITS: With the loss, the Isotopes are now under .500 for the first time since starting the season 0-1 ... Albuquerque walked once on the evening ... Josh Fuentes was 0-for-5 with eight strike outs, leaving eight men on base.
ON DECK: Albuquerque Isotopes at Las Vegas Aviators, 8:05 p.m. MT, Las Vegas Ballpark
PROBABLES: Isotopes: RHP Chi Chi Gonzalez (3-3, 6.80), Aviators: RHP Tanner Anderson (3-4, 6.86)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 23, 2019
- Baby Cakes Rout Oklahoma City, 12-4 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Nashville Comes from Behind to Top Memphis - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Improves to 7-0 in Omaha - Iowa Cubs
- Wood Gets 600th Win Managing in Front of Sellout - Nashville Sounds
- Fresno Grizzlies Return Home for 9 Games (May 25-June 2) - Fresno Grizzlies
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (17-28) vs. Memphis Redbirds (23-23) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 23, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes at El Paso - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (23-23) at Nashville Sounds (17-28) - Memphis Redbirds
- Redbirds Set for Mid-South Heroes Weekend Presented by Ford - Memphis Redbirds
- Bour Powers Bees to Win - Salt Lake Bees
- Aviators Fly Past Isotopes 7-5 for Second Straight Win - Las Vegas Aviators
- Isotopes Fall Under .500 for First Time Since Opening Night - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Albuquerque Isotopes Stories
- Isotopes Close out Series in Reno with 10-4 Win
- Isotopes Snap Losing Streak with 8-6 Win over Aces
- Aces Shut out Isotopes, 1-0
- Aces Top Topes, 5-1
- Gonzalez Brilliant But Isotopes Fall, 6-4