Iowa Wild Announces Roster Moves
Iowa Wild General Manager Tom Kurvers announced today the American Hockey League (AHL) club has signed defenseman Turner Ottenbreit to a professional try-out agreement (PTO). Additionally, forward Josh Maser has been assigned to Iowa's ECHL affiliate, the Allen Americans.
Ottenbreit, 23 (7/9/97), has skated in 23 games so far this season with Allen and recorded two goals, six assists for eight points. The Yorkton, Sask. native played in 30 games during the 2019-20 season with Iowa and picked up a goal and an assist. Ottenbreit also spent time in Allen last season, where he accrued one goal, ten assists for 11 points in 17 games.
Prior to joining the professional ranks, Ottenbreit played four seasons for the Seattle Thunderbirds in the Western Hockey League (WHL) and won a WHL Championship in 2017. The 6-foot-3, 195-pound defenseman led the Thunderbirds in plus/minus during 2016-17 and finished sixth in the WHL with a plus-45 rating.
Maser, 22 (1/18/99), scored his first professional goal in his pro debut with Iowa on Feb. 6, 2021, vs. Texas. In total, the forward from Penticton, B.C. has played two games with the Wild this season.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 25, 2021
- Game #6 Tucson at Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Amerks Elect to Continue 2020-21 Season Without Fans - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Late Goal Powers Sound Tigers over Providence - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Stars and Wild Reschedule Postponed Game to March 30 - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Change - Iowa Wild
- San Diego Gulls Announce Time Change to March 13 Game - San Diego Gulls
- Blue Jackets Reassign Dalpe, MacInnis from Cleveland to Taxi Squad - Cleveland Monsters
- Iowa Wild Announces Roster Moves - Iowa Wild
- Sound Tigers Open Two-Game Road Trip Today at 1 p.m. - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Marlies Fall Short against Stockton - Toronto Marlies
- Cheer the IceHogs to Victory with An Autographed Fan Cutout - Rockford IceHogs
- Henderson Cools Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Roadrunners Return to Ice, Fall to Eagles - Tucson Roadrunners
- Silver Knights Win with Third Period Rally - Henderson Silver Knights
- Wolf, Ruzicka Lead Heat to First Win of the Season - Stockton Heat
- Colorado Opens Home Slate with 3-1 Win over Tucson - Colorado Eagles
- Moose Pull away in Third, 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wild Stories
- Wild Cruise Past IceHogs 4-1 for Sixth Win in Eight Games
- Minnesota Wild Signs Forward Nick Swaney to a One-Year, Entry-Level Contract
- Iowa Secures Point with Late Comeback in 5-4 OT Loss to Chicago
- Boldy Delivers in 4-1 Win over Chicago
- Wild Take Third Straight from Stars in 5-2 Win