Amerks Elect to Continue 2020-21 Season Without Fans
(Rochester, NY) - While we thank New York State for the willingness to open indoor arenas, the Amerks have elected to continue playing the 2020-21 season without fans at The Blue Cross Arena. Our decision is based on capacity restrictions and the logistical challenges surrounding COVID protocols within a consolidated AHL schedule.
We thank all of our fans for their continued support and look forward to the time when we can safely welcome them all back to The Blue Cross Arena.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 25, 2021
- Game #6 Tucson at Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Amerks Elect to Continue 2020-21 Season Without Fans - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Late Goal Powers Sound Tigers over Providence - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Stars and Wild Reschedule Postponed Game to March 30 - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Change - Iowa Wild
- San Diego Gulls Announce Time Change to March 13 Game - San Diego Gulls
- Blue Jackets Reassign Dalpe, MacInnis from Cleveland to Taxi Squad - Cleveland Monsters
- Iowa Wild Announces Roster Moves - Iowa Wild
- Sound Tigers Open Two-Game Road Trip Today at 1 p.m. - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Marlies Fall Short against Stockton - Toronto Marlies
- Cheer the IceHogs to Victory with An Autographed Fan Cutout - Rockford IceHogs
- Henderson Cools Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Roadrunners Return to Ice, Fall to Eagles - Tucson Roadrunners
- Silver Knights Win with Third Period Rally - Henderson Silver Knights
- Wolf, Ruzicka Lead Heat to First Win of the Season - Stockton Heat
- Colorado Opens Home Slate with 3-1 Win over Tucson - Colorado Eagles
- Moose Pull away in Third, 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.