Iowa Signs Jeff Hoggan to An AHL SPC
DES MOINES, IA - Iowa Wild General Manager Chuck Fletcher on Friday announced the American Hockey League (AHL) club has signed forward Jeff Hoggan to an AHL Standard Player Contract (SPC) for the 2016-17 AHL season.
Hoggan, 38 (2/1/78), signed a professional tryout agreement with Iowa to start the season. The veteran forward has played in 18 games for the Wild this season, scoring three goals and totaling six points. The 14-year veteran and two-time Calder Cup Champion who captained the Grand Rapids Griffins each of the last four years. Hoggan has played in 690 AHL regular season games and 97 Calder Cup Playoff games over his tenure, winning a Calder Cup with Houston in 2003 and again with Grand Rapids in 2013. The Hope, BC native has 168 goals and 162 assists for 330 career AHL points. The 6-foot-1, 200-pound forward has also played in 107 NHL contests in stints with Arizona, Boston and St. Louis, scoring twice and totaling 11 points.
Iowa continues the home stand with a two-game visit from San Antonio that starts Friday at 7 PM. Fans may purchase $2 Beers, compliments of 100.3 The Bus. It's also Teddy Bear Toss Night, where fans are permitted to throw a new or gently used stuffed animal on the ice for charity. The Teddy Bear Toss benefits the Mercy Pediatric unit.
Iowa wraps up the three-game home stand on Saturday at 7 PM with the Rampage at Wells Fargo Arena. Saturday is Star Wars Night, where fans receive an Iowa Wild/Star Wars themed poster (while supplies last). Star Wars night, sponsored by Universal Printing and NASH Icon, features Star Wars characters on the concourse to help promote the release of the newest movie in the series, *Roque One*, which opens on Dec. 16. Fans may also enjoy Jim Beam drink specials throughout the evening, with $5 Beam Apple Orchards or $10 Beam Apple Orchard in a mason jar. The Jim Beam specials are presented by Nash FM.
2016-17 Iowa Wild regular season single-game tickets are on sale now. Follow the Iowa Wild on Twitter @IAWILD or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/iawild.
The Iowa Wild 2016-17 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center: and runs from October through April. Fans may purchase seats to see any of the team's 38 regular season home games at Wells Fargo Arena. Season tickets to see the Wild play its 2016-17 season at Wells Fargo Arena start at just $10 per game. For more information on tickets, including ticket plans and group seating, please contact the Wild ticket office by calling 515-564-8700 or go to www.iowawild.com.
Fans may purchase single-game tickets multiple ways, either through the team's website - www.Iowawild.com, the Wells Fargo Arena box office or participating Hy-Vee food stores. Tickets are available online at www.Iowawild.com under the single game tickets tab. The Wells Fargo Arena box office is open Monday - Friday from 10:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. and closed on Sunday. For Saturday game days, the box office will open at 10 a.m. For Sunday game days the box office will open at 12 p.m. Fans may also purchase tickets by calling 1-844-55-HYVEE or by visiting participating Hy-Vee food stores locations in the greater Des Moines area. Those interested may also visit www.hy-veetix.com. Fans interested in buying full-season tickets, or smaller season packages may call the Iowa Wild front office at 515-564-8700.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 9, 2016
- Stars Offense Erupts in 8-4 Drubbing of IceHogs - Texas Stars
- Manitoba Moose Recap: Cleveland 5 at Manitoba 1 - Manitoba Moose
- Rampage Blank Wild 1-0 - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins Sink League-Leading Admirals, 3-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Captain Craig Paces Cleveland in 5-1 Victory - Cleveland Monsters
- Rampage Defeats Wild 1-0 - Iowa Wild
- Cehlarik's Two Goals Lead Providence to 5-3 Win - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Defeat Devils, 4-2, to Continue Home Points Streak - Syracuse Crunch
- Phantoms Claim Chippy Front End of Weekend Series with Rochester - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Cehlarnik's Two Goals Lead Providence to 5-3 Win - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Fall to Bears, 5-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Comets Fall in Close Battle against Senators - Utica Comets
- Casey Bailey Nets a Pair in B-Sens' 4-3 Win over Utica - Binghamton Senators
- Devils Drop North Division Showdown - Albany Devils
- IceCaps Top Thunderbirds 6-5 During Teddy Toss - St. John's IceCaps
- Tuesday's Outdoor Practice Rescheduled - Rockford IceHogs
- Condors Five-Dollar Frenzy - Knit Cap Night Is Tonight v - Bakersfield Condors
- Iowa Wild Announces Team Captains for 2016-17 - Iowa Wild
- Iowa Signs Jeff Hoggan to An AHL SPC - Iowa Wild
- Coyotes Acquire Peter Holland from Toronto in Exchange for 2018 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Oliver Bjorkstrand Added by Columbus On Emergency Call - Cleveland Monsters
- Forward Steven Swavely and Defenseman Maxim Lamarche Returned - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Griffins Welcome New Hires - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Reassigns Jason Dickinson To Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign and Roadrunners Collide Tonight - Ontario Reign
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Slater Koekkoek to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Jets Assign Connor to Moose - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.