Indy Falls 5-2 to Komets
Fort Wayne - Two goals from Antoine Waked and Alex Rauter late in the third period would not be enough to overcome the Komets lead as the Fuel fall 5-2 at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum Friday night.
Komets opened up the scoring for the night when they converted on a power play a little over the halfway point in the first. From behind the Fuel net Anthony Nellis set up Anthony Petruzzelli who went five-hole on Dan Bakala to give the Komets a 1-0 lead after 20.
After a quiet first half of the second frame the Komets would go on a tough stretch for the Fuel netting three goals in under five minutes. At 12:09 Morgan Adams-Moisan maneuvered the puck from behind the net to find Matt Boudens who fired a shot from the slot to extend the Komets lead to 2-0. Indy would find themselves on a power play opportunity just a minute later but A.J. Jenks would scoop up a turnover and come down the boards to serve Mathieu Brodeur a chance between the two circles for a shorthanded goal. Nick Boka would make it 4-0 for the Komets after tapping in a rebounded puck that bounced off the top of the net at 16:50. Sean Romeo would take over for Dan Bakala for the remaining 3:10 left in the second.
With under seven minutes to go in the third period Antoine Waked buried a rebound off a shot from Nick Hutchison to give the Fuel their first goal of the game. Less than a minute later Nic Pieorg played the puck from behind the Komets goal and found Alex Rauter in front of the crease to bring Indy's goal count to two. With less than a minute left in the third the Fuel pulled Romeo for the extra attacker and Adams-Moisan notched an empty netter to bring the final score to 5-2.
The Fuel and the Komets will rematch tomorrow at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum for a 7:30 pm puck drop.
Single-Game tickets are now available for Fuel seventh season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Fans can also take advantage of full season, 18 ticket and 12 ticket flex packages by calling 317-925-FUEL or visiting IndyFuelHockey.com. Don't miss a second of the action during the 2019-20 season - follow the Fuel on Twitter and Instagram (@IndyFuel) and 'Like' the Fuel on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 7, 2021
- Grizzlies Hot Start Downs Rush in Third Game - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Fall in Overtime to Americans - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears pick up point in 3-2 OT loss to Swamp Rabbits - Orlando Solar Bears
- Bradley Scores in Overtime, Bits Beat the Bears 3-2 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Indy Falls 5-2 to Komets - Indy Fuel
- Florida Stuns Stingrays in Overtime - South Carolina Stingrays
- Heroic Rally for Blades in Wild Night - Florida Everblades
- Bounces Go Jacksonville's Way in Goalie Battle - Wheeling Nailers
- Hakkarainen Reassigned to the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Game Preview: Nailers at Icemen, May 7, 2021 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Game Day Preview: Americans at Tulsa, 7:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Preview: Big 3rd Game of Series - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview (/2021): Swamp Rabbits at Solar Bears, 7 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Blades Open Weekend vs Stingrays - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Everblades, May 7 at 7:30 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Fournier Scores Twice; Lifts Thunder Past KC - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.