Game Preview: Stingrays at Everblades, May 7 at 7:30 PM
SC Stingrays at Florida Everblades
Friday, May 7, 2021 at Hertz Arena at 7:30 PM
Broadcast Info: Watch live on FloHockey | Listen via Mixlr
About Today's Game: The South Carolina Stingrays are set for their second battle of the week against the Florida Everblades Friday night in Estero at Hertz Arena. SC took two points from the first contest Wednesday when defender Blake Hillman scored in overtime to give the Rays their second win in extra time during the 2020-21 season. South Carolina has won three of their first four contests during their current trip to the Sunshine State. The Rays' offense came alive in their first two contests in Orlando last week, totaling 13 goals in two wins. With the offensive outburst, SC has now brought their offensive average to just under three goals per game. Friday's contest is the 12th matchup of the two clubs during 2020-21. Florida has secured victories in eight of the previous battles. The Everblades are at the top of the Eastern Conference standings with a points percentage at .648 but have struggled lately, going just 2-6-2 in their last 10 outings and claiming just one win in their last nine games, The Everblades rank second in the ECHL on offense, averaging 3.39 goals per game. South Carolina sits in sixth place in the Eastern Conference with a points percentage of .545.
Scouting the Everblades: Florida is in first place in the ECHL's Eastern Conference after 54 games with a 33-17-2-2 record. However, the team is looking to get back on track after dropping three consecutive series to Jacksonville and Greenville. At home, the Blades are 19-6-2-2 this season. Their offensive attack is led by captain John McCarron, who has totaled 51 points in 52 games on 23 goals and 28 assists. Next is forward Michael Huntebrinker who has also totaled 23 goals and 18 assists for 41 points. Forwards Alex Kile (17g, 18a) and Joe Pendenza (14g, 21a) have each posted 35 points. Defender Logan Roe has continued his dominance at the ECHL level, posting 18 points (4g, 14a) as well as a league-high +25 rating. In the net, Jake Hildebrand leads the ECHL with a 2.28 goals-against average and is second in the league with a .927 save percentage.
Upcoming Home Games
Tuesday, May 11 vs. Indy, 7:05 p.m.
Wednesday, May 12 vs. Indy, 7:05 p.m.
Wednesday, May 26 vs. Greenville, 7:05 p.m.
Friday, May 28 vs. Wheeling, 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, May 29 vs. Wheeling, 6:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 7, 2021
- Grizzlies Hot Start Downs Rush in Third Game - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Fall in Overtime to Americans - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears pick up point in 3-2 OT loss to Swamp Rabbits - Orlando Solar Bears
- Bradley Scores in Overtime, Bits Beat the Bears 3-2 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Indy Falls 5-2 to Komets - Indy Fuel
- Florida Stuns Stingrays in Overtime - South Carolina Stingrays
- Heroic Rally for Blades in Wild Night - Florida Everblades
- Bounces Go Jacksonville's Way in Goalie Battle - Wheeling Nailers
- Hakkarainen Reassigned to the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Game Preview: Nailers at Icemen, May 7, 2021 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Game Day Preview: Americans at Tulsa, 7:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Preview: Big 3rd Game of Series - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview (/2021): Swamp Rabbits at Solar Bears, 7 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Blades Open Weekend vs Stingrays - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Everblades, May 7 at 7:30 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Fournier Scores Twice; Lifts Thunder Past KC - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Carolina Stingrays Stories
- Greenville Gets Past SC in Game 2 to Even Series
- Preview: Game 2: Stingrays at Swamp Rabbits, June 18 at 7:05 PM
- Stingrays Blow by Greenville in Decisive Game 1
- Preview: Game 1: Stingrays vs. Swamp Rabbits, June 16 at 7:05 PM
- Ully Strikes Twice to Send Rays to Eastern Conference Finals