Bradley Scores in Overtime, Bits Beat the Bears 3-2
GREENVILLE, S.C. - The Greenville Swamp Rabbits scored a 3-2 overtime victory over the Orlando Solar Bears on Friday night at the Amway Center. Matt Bradley registered his second sudden-death overtime goal this season to hand the Rabbits six consecutive road victories.
Orlando drew first blood on Kevin Lohan's second goal of the season at 5:43. After receiving a pass across the blueline from Alexander Kuqali, Lohan fired a puck with eyes from the right-point past Rabbits netminder John Lethemon. Shots after 20 minutes were 11-10 Solar Bears.
Next period, the Rabbits evened the contest before eventually salvaging their first lead of the night. At 9:55, Greg Meireles tallied his 10th goal of the season on a missile from the left face-off circle past Orlando goaltender Clint Windsor. Only 5:07 later, Greenville cashed in once more. Bryce Reddick unleashed a howitzer from the top of the left face-off circle at 15:02 to put Greenville in front.
Shots after 40 minutes were 29-20 Rabbits. Only 45 seconds into the third stanza, Orlando fought back for the equalizer. Matthew Spencer from the point hit twine behind Lethemon to even the score at 2-2.
The Greenville Swamp Rabbits required overtime for a franchise record 22nd time this season. Despite entering tonight with a 5-11 OT record, Greenville hit pay-dirt on their very first shot in sudden-death. Matt Bradley accepted a feed from Samuel Jardine at the center-point and beat Windsor with a bullet low-glove side. Bradley's 15th goal of the season walked-off the contest for Greenville at 3:29 for his club's sixth consecutive road win.
Greenville's six-game road winning streak is the longest since the 2012-13 season. Final shots totaled 37-30 Greenville. The Rabbits finished 0-for-4 on the power play and 4-for-4 on the penalty kill.
The Greenville Swamp Rabbits return to action and continue their current three-game set with Orlando on Saturday, May 8. Puck drop at the Amway Center is scheduled for 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 7, 2021
- Grizzlies Hot Start Downs Rush in Third Game - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Fall in Overtime to Americans - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears pick up point in 3-2 OT loss to Swamp Rabbits - Orlando Solar Bears
- Bradley Scores in Overtime, Bits Beat the Bears 3-2 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Indy Falls 5-2 to Komets - Indy Fuel
- Florida Stuns Stingrays in Overtime - South Carolina Stingrays
- Heroic Rally for Blades in Wild Night - Florida Everblades
- Bounces Go Jacksonville's Way in Goalie Battle - Wheeling Nailers
- Hakkarainen Reassigned to the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Game Preview: Nailers at Icemen, May 7, 2021 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Game Day Preview: Americans at Tulsa, 7:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Preview: Big 3rd Game of Series - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview (/2021): Swamp Rabbits at Solar Bears, 7 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Blades Open Weekend vs Stingrays - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Everblades, May 7 at 7:30 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Fournier Scores Twice; Lifts Thunder Past KC - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greenville Swamp Rabbits Stories
- Stingrays Take Game 1 in Eastern Conference Finals
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits at Stingrays, 7:05 PM Eastern Conference Finals (Game 1)
- Rabbits Announce Eastern Conference Finals Schedule, Reduced Social Distancing Guidelines at Home Games
- Rabbits Advance to Eastern Conference Finals
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits vs. Fuel, 7:05 PM Eastern Conference Semifinals