Impact Stumble to 3-1 Loss at New England
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - The Montreal Impact lost 3-1 against the New England Revolution on Wednesday, at the Gillette Stadium. Lassi Lappalainen scored the only goal for Montreal late in the game, while Henry Kessler, Gustavo Bou and Diego Fagundez were the scorers for the Revs. The Montreal Impact will play its next game this Sunday at 7pm EDT (TVA Sports, 98,5, TSN 690) against the New York Red Bulls, at Red Bull Arena, in Harrison, New Jersey.
Defender Karifa Yao got his first MLS start with the Impact.
Defender Zachary Brault-Guillard played his 20th MLS match with the Impact.
Forward Orji Okwonkwo played his 40th MLS match with the Impact.
The video conference with Thierry Henry, Bojan and Samuel Piette is available here: https://mls.imagencloud.com/
NE - Henry Kessler 45'+2'
NE - Gustavo Bou 49'
NE - Diego Fagundez 65'
MTL - Lassi Lappalainen (Emanuel Maciel) 86'
NE - Andrew Farrell 41'
MTL - Luis Binks 53'
MTL - Gk-Clément Diop; D- Jorge Corrales (Maximiliano Urruti 64'), Jukka Raitala, Luis Binks, Karifa Yao, Zachary Brault-Guillard; M-Emanuel Maciel, Victor Wanyama, Samuel Piette; F-Bojan (Amar Sejdic 79'), Orji Okwonkwo (Lassi Lappalainen 27')
Subs not used : Evan Bush, Rod Fanni, Rudy Camacho, Joel Waterman, Shamit Shome, Clément Bayiha
NE - Gk-Matt Turner; D-Alexander Büttner (DeJuan Jones 30'), Henry Kessler, Andrew Farrell, Brandon Bye; M-Kelyn Rowe (Matt Polster 63'), Scott Caldwell, Teal Bunbury (Cristian Penilla 69'), Lee Nguyen (Diego Fagundez 63'), Tajon Buchanan, F-Gustavo Bou (Adam Buksa 69')
Subs not used: Brad Knighton, Michael Mancienne, Antonio Delamea, Kekuta Manneh
"We didn't have Saphir, who we lost at training last night, and we didn't have Romell. We tried to play differently, but we refused to play and it's too bad. We will continue to play after this fifth game in 15 days. I felt physical and mental fatigue from everyone this afternoon. We will have to see who is available for the game against the Red Bulls."
"It's been long, but I feel good and I want to help the team. I still don't feel like I'm at maximum capacity because it's just my second game, but I feel good. We're professionals, and we need to play the scheduled games. It's a lot of games, with a lot of travel. It's a difficult situation, but we aren't happy losing. The reality is we lost the last three games, and it's on us to be strong as a team. We need to believe that we have the quality to win and get out of this stretch."
"For some players there is a lot of added fatigue from the last days and weeks. It's a lot of games in not a lot of time and only few at home. It's also a place that is tough to play with a tough surface. New England has a system of play that makes it annoying to play against them. It's physical and direct. But in the end, it's not an excuse to lose our duels. The atmosphere remains good in the group. We progress as a team. There is an identity that we want to keep, no matter who we face."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 23, 2020
- D.C. United Lose 1-0 against Nashville SC on the Road - D.C. United
- Red Bulls Roll Past Inter Miami, 4-1 - New York Red Bulls
- Chicago Fire FC Defeats Houston Dynamo 4-0 at Soldier Field - Chicago Fire
- Rapids Rough up Earthquakes - Colorado Rapids
- Sporting Falls 2-1 to Orlando City SC - Sporting Kansas City
- Toronto FC (1) - New York City FC (0) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- Inter Miami CF Falls to New York Red Bulls - Inter Miami CF
- FC Cincinnati remain unbeaten at Nippert Stadium - FC Cincinnati
- Union earn a point on the road in defensive battle - Philadelphia Union
- Orlando City Beats Kansas City 2-1 to Set Club Record Seven-Game Unbeaten Streak - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United Defeat FC Dallas 1-0 - Atlanta United FC
- Dynamo Fall to Chicago Fire FC 4-0 - Houston Dynamo
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 0 - 1 Toronto FC - New York City FC
- FC Dallas Falls to Atlanta United FC 1-0 - FC Dallas
- Nashville SC Even 0-0 with 10-Man D.C. United at Halftime - Nashville SC
- Revolution Top Montreal Impact, 3-1 - New England Revolution
- Impact Stumble to 3-1 Loss at New England - Montreal Impact
- Timbers to Face Seattle Sounders FC Tonight at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC's Nicolas Lodeiro Staying Perfect from the Spot: MLS Week 13 News & Notes - MLS
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Portland Timbers - September 23, 2020 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Defender Danilo Silva Announces Retirement - Los Angeles FC
- Nashville SC and the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Team up to Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month - Nashville SC
- Orlando City Forward Matheus Aias to Undergo Additional Medical Testing - Orlando City SC
- FC Dallas Homegrown Bryan Reynolds Signs New Four-Year Contract - FC Dallas
- Columbus Crew SC Hosts Minnesota United FC Tonight - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.