Columbus Crew SC Hosts Minnesota United FC Tonight
COLUMBUS - Columbus Crew SC faces Minnesota United FC at MAPFRE Stadium tonight, Wednesday, September 23 [7:30 p.m. ET / FOX Sports Ohio, FOX Sports GO (Stream) / 97.1 The Fan & 971TheFan.com (English), ColumbusCrewSC.com (Spanish)]. Tonight's match also airs locally on the radio in English on 97.1 The Fan and streaming online via "Listen Live" at 971TheFan.com, featuring Chris Doran broadcasting the contest. The club's official website, ColumbusCrewSC.com, is set to stream Spanish-language audio broadcast with Juan Valladares behind the microphone.
The match marks the first regular-season meeting between Crew SC and Minnesota United FC in 2020 and the fourth all-time regular-season meeting between the two since 2017. Crew SC is undefeated in its last 10 regular-season matches at MAPFRE Stadium, with a record of 7-0-3. The streak dates back to a 2-1 victory last year over the Montreal Impact (July 20). Additionally, the Crew has won all five of its regular-season matches at MAPFRE Stadium this year by shutout, becoming the first team in MLS history to achieve this feat.
On top of its 10-match undefeated streak at MAPFRE Stadium, the Black & Gold have only lost three matches - home or away - in their last 25 regular-season contests, the fewest losses by any MLS side over that span. This streak began with a 2-2 draw on the road last year against Chicago Fire FC (July 17), with the Crew posting a winning record of 13-3-9 over that span.
MAPFRE Stadium is once again set to host a limited number (1500) fans for Wednesday's match against Minnesota United FC. Supporters are reminded that while enjoying the match, when not actively eating or drinking, masks must remain on at all times and Experience Team ushers will be increasing the number of trips up and down the stands during match action, continuing to enforce this rule as it is critical to the success of hosting matches. All supporters are encouraged to view the Responsible Restart instructional video to review the matchday experience with health and safety initiatives.
Columbus Crew SC vs. Minnesota United FC
Wednesday, September 23 - 7:30 p.m. ET - MAPFRE Stadium (Columbus, Ohio)
Regional Television: FOX Sports Ohio, FOX Sports GO (Stream) | Coverage begins: 7:00 p.m. ET
Regional Television Channel Guide: https://www.ColumbusCrewSC.com/broadcast
Crew SC Radio: 97.1 The Fan and streaming online via "Listen Live" at 971TheFan.com. (English); ColumbusCrewSC.com (Spanish).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 23, 2020
- D.C. United Lose 1-0 against Nashville SC on the Road - D.C. United
- Red Bulls Roll Past Inter Miami, 4-1 - New York Red Bulls
- Chicago Fire FC Defeats Houston Dynamo 4-0 at Soldier Field - Chicago Fire
- Rapids Rough up Earthquakes - Colorado Rapids
- Sporting Falls 2-1 to Orlando City SC - Sporting Kansas City
- Toronto FC (1) - New York City FC (0) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- Inter Miami CF Falls to New York Red Bulls - Inter Miami CF
- FC Cincinnati remain unbeaten at Nippert Stadium - FC Cincinnati
- Union earn a point on the road in defensive battle - Philadelphia Union
- Orlando City Beats Kansas City 2-1 to Set Club Record Seven-Game Unbeaten Streak - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United Defeat FC Dallas 1-0 - Atlanta United FC
- Dynamo Fall to Chicago Fire FC 4-0 - Houston Dynamo
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 0 - 1 Toronto FC - New York City FC
- FC Dallas Falls to Atlanta United FC 1-0 - FC Dallas
- Nashville SC Even 0-0 with 10-Man D.C. United at Halftime - Nashville SC
- Revolution Top Montreal Impact, 3-1 - New England Revolution
- Impact Stumble to 3-1 Loss at New England - Montreal Impact
- Timbers to Face Seattle Sounders FC Tonight at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC's Nicolas Lodeiro Staying Perfect from the Spot: MLS Week 13 News & Notes - MLS
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Portland Timbers - September 23, 2020 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Defender Danilo Silva Announces Retirement - Los Angeles FC
- Nashville SC and the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Team up to Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month - Nashville SC
- Orlando City Forward Matheus Aias to Undergo Additional Medical Testing - Orlando City SC
- FC Dallas Homegrown Bryan Reynolds Signs New Four-Year Contract - FC Dallas
- Columbus Crew SC Hosts Minnesota United FC Tonight - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew SC Defender Josh Williams Suspended
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face the Houston Dynamo Tomorrow
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Captain Jonathan Mensah to Multi-Year Contract Extension
- "Together We Rise": Columbus Crew SC Tickets for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Now on Sale
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Fan Contest to Design New Commemorative Patch for Nordecke Season Ticket Members at New Crew Stadium