Idaho's Sholl Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week
March 26, 2019 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - Tomas Sholl of the Idaho Steelheads has been named the CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week for the week of March 18-24. It is the third time in his career that he has received the weekly honor.
Sholl went 2-0-0 with one shutout, a 1.00 goals-against average and a save percentage of .967 in two appearances against last week.
The 24-year-old recorded 38 saves in a 7-2 win at Orlando on Tuesday and stopped all 20 shots he faced in a 4-0 victory at Rapid City on Saturday.
A native of Hermosa Beach, California, Sholl leads the ECHL?with a .931 save percentage, ranks second with a 2.19 goals-against average and is tied for third with 24 wins.
Sholl has appeared in 54 career ECHL?games with Idaho and Adirondack with an overall record of 38-11-3 with seven shutouts, a 1.97 goals-against average and a save percentage of .936. He also has spent time in the Southern Professional Hockey League with Macon and Evansville where he went 14-3-3 with one shutout, a 2.53 goals-against average and a save percentage of .917.
Prior to turning pro, Sholl saw action in 19 games over three seasons at Bowling Green State University going 7-10-0 with two shutouts, a 2.93 goals-against average and a save percentage of .891.
Runners Up: Clint Windsor, Orlando (2-0-0, 1.92 GAA, .945 save pct.) and Jamie Phillips,?Reading (2-0-1, 1.62 GAA, .943 save pct.).
Also Nominated: Alex Dubeau (Fort Wayne), Charles Williams (Manchester), Parker Milner (South Carolina), Pat Nagle (Toledo) and Jordan Ruby (Wheeling).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 26, 2019
- Swamp Rabbits Unveil New Jerseys for 2019-20 Season - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Everblades Sign Alex Tonge to Amateur Tryout Contract - Florida Everblades
- Blackhawks Draft Pick Jack Ramsey Signs ATO with Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Colton Point Assigned to Steelheads from Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Add Lewis and Lagrone as Road Trip Continues - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - March 26 - ECHL
- Trevor Yates Returned to Wheeling - Wheeling Nailers
- Idaho's Sholl Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Tomas Sholl Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Idaho Steelheads
- Thomas Ebbing Called up by Laval Rocket - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Steelheads Host Pennant Giveaway, Open Final Homestand this Wednesday - Idaho Steelheads
- Tulsa's Perfetto Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Gladiators Get Four from the AHL - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stephen Perfetto Named ECHL Player of the Week - Tulsa Oilers
- Super Bowl Trophy Appearance Highlights Promotion Packed Weekend for Railers - Worcester Railers HC
- Wings Weekly: Regular Season Winds Down with Final Seven Games on Road - Kalamazoo Wings
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.