Idaho Adds Schaber to Its Roster
Boise, ID (3/7/13) - Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Brad Ralph announced Thursday that the Idaho Steelheads have added rookie forward Chase Schaber to the team's roster.
Schaber, 22, has agreed to a standard player contract and could make his professional debut this weekend when the Steelheads host the Gwinnett Gladiators Friday and Saturday night. Game time each night is 7:10 PM at CenturyLink Arena in downtown Boise.
The Red Deer, Alberta, product joins the team after playing collegiately in Canada this season at the University of Lethbridge where he led the team in points (18) in just 19 games. He also tied for the team's lead in goals (8). Prior to that, he spent five seasons playing major-junior hockey in the Western Hockey League, splitting his time between the Calgary Hitmen and the Kamloops Blazers. In his final two seasons, Schaber served as captain for the Blazers and registered 97 points (39 goals, 58 assists) in 107 games.
Schaber (pronounced "SHAY-burr") was a member of the 2010 Edmonton Oilers entry in the "Young Stars" tournament where his teammates included Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, and Steelheads defenseman Jeremie Blain. He also attended NHL training camp with the Oilers in 2011.
Thinking about new Season Tickets for the 2013-14 season? Get your NEW Season Tickets for next season NOW and get the rest of this season for free. That's two full months worth of home hockey games at CenturyLink Arena FOR FREE. Contact the Idaho Steelheads front office at 208-383-0080 for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 7, 2013
- Titans Attendance Continues to Rise - Trenton Titans
- Titans Keep Playoff Hopes Alive with 4-2 Home Win over Elmira - Trenton Titans
- Jackals Fall in Trenton - Elmira Jackals
- Wranglers Get Meilleur from Condors - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Deal Koger, Meilleur at the ECHL Trade Deadline - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Acquire Mangan, Bidlevskii from Stingrays for Peter Boyd - Bakersfield Condors
- Goaltender Brandon Anderson Recalled to Hershey - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - March 7 - ECHL
- Stingrays Add Forward Peter Boyd from Bakersfield - South Carolina Stingrays
- K-Wings Start Four-Game Home Stand this Weekend - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mallet Returns As Cannata Heads To Wolves - Kalamazoo Wings
- Pacan, MacDonald Recalled to San Antonio - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Orlando Makes Two Deadline Deals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gladiators Active on Deadline Day; Acquire Ginand - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stingrays Receive ECHL Rights of Defenseman Ryan Grimshaw from Trenton - South Carolina Stingrays
- Road Warriors Acquire Ben Woodley - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Idaho Adds Schaber to Its Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Walleye Make Multiple Moves - Toledo Walleye
- Wranglers Raise $20,000 for St. Baldrick's - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Titans GameDay vs. Elmira, March 7; Game 61 (Home 30) - Trenton Titans
- Condors Trade Trupp to Alaska for Skelly, Haltigin - Bakersfield Condors
- Aces Acquire Evan Trupp in Trading Deadline Deal - Alaska Aces
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Gladiators Score 6th Round Victory in Fight against Cancer - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Today - March 7 - ECHL
- Titans Week in Review - Trenton Titans
- Ontario Blanks Wranglers 4-0 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Last Minute Reign Momentum Buries Wranglers 4-0 - Ontario Reign
- Aces Top Bulls 2-1 - Alaska Aces
- Bulls Held off by Alaska, 2-1 - San Francisco Bulls
- Gwinnett Beats Utah in First Ever Meeting - Utah Grizzlies
- Brown, Eagles Stifle Steelheads, 2-1 - Idaho Steelheads
- Gladiators Bite Grizzlies, 5-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.