ICE Conclude 17-18 Regular Season Schedule with Home Date against the Rebels
Cranbrook, B.C. - The Kootenay ICE (26-38-5-2) conclude their 2017-18 regular season schedule with a home date against the Red Deer Rebels (27-31-10-3) on Saturday.
Puck drop is scheduled for just after 7 p.m. MDT.
ICE 2017-18 Club Leaders:
Goals: Alec Baer (29)
Assists: Colton Kroeker (45)
Points: Colton Kroeker (60)
PIMS: Jonathan Smart (63)
Plus/Minus: Jordan Chudley (+3)
Wins: Matt Berlin (15)
The ICE are coming off a 6-2 victory over the Red Deer Rebels on Friday, March 16. ICE '00-born import draft pick Gilian Kohler had his most offensively productive outing of the season, potting two goals and adding an assist. Alec Baer, Colton Kroeker, Keenan Taphorn and Peyton Krebs also scored, while goaltender Matt Berlin made 26-saves for his 15th win of the season. The ICE outshot the Rebels 39-28. They went 3-for-5 on the power play, 3-for-3 on penalty kill and won 32 of 67 face-offs.
Two ICE forwards reached milestones on Friday. Captain Colton Kroeker recorded his 150th career WHL point, while Brett Davis notched his 100th career WHL point.
The ICE have amassed 59 points this season, which is good for fourth in the Central Division and 10th in the Eastern Conference.
The ICE are 1-5-2-2 in their last 10 games and have a home record of 15-17-3-0.
- '99-born forward Brett Davis is two goals away from 50 career WHL goals.
- '97-born forward Colton Kroeker is one goal away from 50 career WHL goals.
- '97-born forward Colton Veloso is six assists away from 50 career WHL assists.
- '97-born forward Colton Veloso is two points away from 100 career WHL points.
- '99-born forward Brett Davis has 43 points in the last 38 games (17G, 26A).
- '97-born forward Alec Baer has points in eight of his last nine games (3G, 5A).
- '99-born forward Cam Hausinger has four points in the last six games (1G, 3A).
- '98-born defenceman Martin Bodak has six points in the last three games (1G, 3A).
Rebels 2017-18 Club Leaders:
Goals: Mason McCarty (38)
Assists: Brandon Hagel (41)
Points: Mason McCarty (74)
PIMS: Mason McCarty (82)
Plus/Minus: Mason McCarty (+8)
Wins: Riley Lamb (13)
The Rebels have qualified for the post-season and will face a Lethbridge Hurricanes team that has dropped eight-straight games in the opening round.
The Rebels are coming off a 6-2 loss to the ICE on Friday, March 16. The Rebels were outshot 39-28. They went 0-for-3 on the power play, 2-for-5 on the penalty kill and won 35 of 67 face-offs. With the loss, the 'Canes are guaranteed home ice advantage in the first round.
The Rebels have collected 67 points this season, which is good for third in the Central Division and sixth in the Eastern Conference.
The Rebels are 6-4-0-0 in their last 10 games and have a road record of 13-15-6-1.
HEAD TO HEAD
This is the seventh meeting of the season between the ICE and the Rebels.
The ICE are 4-1-0-1 against the Rebels this season.
The ICE are 3-8-1-1 in the last 13 games against the Rebels at Western Financial Place. Overall, both home and away, the ICE are 9-15-1-2 in the last 27 games against the Rebels.
ICE v REBELS COMPARISONS
CATEGORY ICE REBELS
PP 55-302 (18.2%) 52-275 (18.9%)
PK 51-240 (78.8%) 61-275 (77.8%)
GOALS FOR 210 209
GOALS AGAINST 275 245
STREAK W-1 L-1
HOME RECORD 15-17-3-0 14-16-4-2
AWAY RECORD 11-21-2-2 13-15-6-1
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from March 17, 2018
- Pats Fall in OT to Complete Regular Season - Regina Pats
- Raiders Comeback Falls Short In Saskatoon - Prince Albert Raiders
- Hitmen Clobbers Edmonton in Penultimate Regular Season Game - Calgary Hitmen
- Hurricanes vs. Rebels Series Schedule Set - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Game Day Preview: Blades Looking to Close out Season on Winning Note - Saskatoon Blades
- Jersey Draw March 17 - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Winterhawks Game Day Preview: Portland at Seattle - Portland Winterhawks
- Game 72 vs. Lethbridge - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Tonight Is Wheat Kings' Awards Night - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Saturday, March 17 at Edmonton - Calgary Hitmen
- ICE Conclude 17-18 Regular Season Schedule with Home Date against the Rebels - Kootenay Ice
- Wheat Kings Beat Warriors; Playoff Matchup Set - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Game Day Preview: Pats Wrap Regular Season in Swift Current Saturday - Regina Pats
- Giants Fall 5-2 to the Rockets; Will Start the Playoffs Friday in Victoria - Vancouver Giants
- Sellout Crowd Sees Tips Win in OT - Everett Silvertips
- Rivalry Renewed, Broncos Edged by Pats in Playoff Preview - Swift Current Broncos
- Glass' Career Night Lifts Hawks to Blowout Win - Portland Winterhawks
- Royals Secure Second Seed in BC Division Despite Loss to Silvertips - Victoria Royals
- Giants Announce First Round Playoff Dates against Victoria - Vancouver Giants
- Blades Edge Raiders in Feisty Friday Affair - Saskatoon Blades
- Rockets Dispatch Vancouver 5-2 - Kelowna Rockets
- Royals Clinch Home Ice in First Round of Playoffs; Tickets on Sale Now - Victoria Royals
- Broncos, Pats to Renew Hostilities in First Round of 2018 WHL Playoffs - Swift Current Broncos
- Winterhawks Skate Past T-Birds - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Rebels Get Help from Tigers, But Fail to Help Themselves - Red Deer Rebels
- Chiefs Drop Home Finale to Americans, 2-1 - Spokane Chiefs
- Tigers Storm Past Hurricanes 4-2 - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Pats Use OT to Win Seventh Straight - Regina Pats
- Raiders Drop Home Finale To Blades - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.