Game 72 vs. Lethbridge
VS. LETHBRIDGE - The Medicine Hat Tigers will close out the regular season by hosting the Lethbridge Hurricanes in the second half of a home and home series. Last night the Tigers paid a visit to the Enmax Centre where they defeated the Hurricanes 4-2. Tonight's game is also Fan Appreciation Night with several prizes to be won including an Apple Watch and a Google Home.
CENTRAL DIVISION: 1st
EASTERN CONFERENCE: 4th
Mark Rassell - Upper Body (Day to Day)
Dylan MacPherson - Lower Body (Day to Day)
Mason Shaw - Lower Body (Indefinite)
2017/18 Series VS Hurricanes:
Last 5 seasons VS. Hurricanes: 13-13-1-0
Last Win VS. Hurricanes: March 16, 2018 (W 4-2)
2017/18 Club Leaders:
Goals: Mark Rassell (50)
Assists: David Quenneville (54)
Points: Mark Rassell / David Quenneville (80)
PIMS: Dalton Gally / David Quenneville (56)
Plus/Minus: Joel Craven (11)
Wins: Michael Bullion (20)
PP HOME (34/141) 24.1% (33/132) 25.0%
PP AWAY (27/133) 20.3% (34/145) 23.4%
PP OVERALL (61/274) 22.3% (67/277) 24.2%
PK HOME (22/103) 78.6% (30/126) 76.2%
PK AWAY (28/106) 73.6% (39/164) 76.2%
PK OVERALL (50/209) 76.1% (69/290) 76.2%
Look for Kristians Rubins to shut down the Hurricanes top offensive players.
Tigers went 6 for 6 on the penalty kill in last night's contest against the Hurricanes.
Did you Know?
Cole Clayton had his first two point game last night, picking up on two assists last in the final period.
Ryan Chyzowski has 6 points (3G, 3A) in 6 games played against the Hurricanes.
Who to Watch:
Medicine Hat Tigers - Tyler Preziuso is a speedy, highly skilled forward suiting up for the Orange and Black. Preziuso scored and picked up an assist in last night's contest against the Hurricanes. The 19-year-old Victoria native has reached career highs in goals and points this season. Look for Preziuso to make an impact on both ends of the ice. Lethbridge Hurricanes - Calen Addison has 8 points (1G, 7A) in 6 games played against the Tigers this season including a goal and an assist in last night's contest. Addison has been having a banner year for the Hurricanes reaching career highs in goals and assists.
In his first year with the Orange and Black, Linus Nassen has been making a name for himself. Hailing from Sweden, Nassen has 26 points in 43 games with the Tigers. The Tabbies blue line also features the towering shut down defenceman Kristians Rubins. Rubins is the first Latvian born player to ever suit up for the Tigers and he has netted 7 goals and 20 assists so far this season.
Protecting the Paint:
The Tigers acquired 18-year-old netminder Jordan Hollett from the Regina Pats in the offseason. Hollett is a 6th round selection of the Ottawa Senators and currently he is sporting a 16-12-4 record with a 3.44 GAA and a .896 SV% The Orange and Black also have veteran goaltender Michael Bullion. Bullion has a 20-15-3 record posting a 0.891 SV% and a 3.19 GAA.
NHL Drafted / Signed Players:
David Quenneville (New York Islanders), Mason Shaw (Minnesota Wild), Jordan Hollett (Ottawa Senators), Linus Nassen (Florida Panthers)
TIGERS BROADCAST: Listen to the legendary voice of the Tigers Bob Ridley broadcast all Tigers games on CHAT 94.5 FM. Bob Ridley has called all but one game since the Medicine Hat Tigers came into the league in 1970.
Last 5 Regular Season Games Result
Mar.16 @ Lethbridge (W) 4-2
Mar.13 vs. Calgary (L) 3-1
Mar.10 @ Red Deer (L) 5-2
Mar.9 vs. Edmonton (W) 6-4
Mar.6 vs. Regina (L) 6-3
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from March 17, 2018
- Pats Fall in OT to Complete Regular Season - Regina Pats
- Raiders Comeback Falls Short In Saskatoon - Prince Albert Raiders
- Hitmen Clobbers Edmonton in Penultimate Regular Season Game - Calgary Hitmen
- Hurricanes vs. Rebels Series Schedule Set - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Game Day Preview: Blades Looking to Close out Season on Winning Note - Saskatoon Blades
- Jersey Draw March 17 - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Winterhawks Game Day Preview: Portland at Seattle - Portland Winterhawks
- Game 72 vs. Lethbridge - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Tonight Is Wheat Kings' Awards Night - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Saturday, March 17 at Edmonton - Calgary Hitmen
- ICE Conclude 17-18 Regular Season Schedule with Home Date against the Rebels - Kootenay Ice
- Wheat Kings Beat Warriors; Playoff Matchup Set - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Game Day Preview: Pats Wrap Regular Season in Swift Current Saturday - Regina Pats
- Giants Fall 5-2 to the Rockets; Will Start the Playoffs Friday in Victoria - Vancouver Giants
- Sellout Crowd Sees Tips Win in OT - Everett Silvertips
- Rivalry Renewed, Broncos Edged by Pats in Playoff Preview - Swift Current Broncos
- Glass' Career Night Lifts Hawks to Blowout Win - Portland Winterhawks
- Royals Secure Second Seed in BC Division Despite Loss to Silvertips - Victoria Royals
- Giants Announce First Round Playoff Dates against Victoria - Vancouver Giants
- Blades Edge Raiders in Feisty Friday Affair - Saskatoon Blades
- Rockets Dispatch Vancouver 5-2 - Kelowna Rockets
- Royals Clinch Home Ice in First Round of Playoffs; Tickets on Sale Now - Victoria Royals
- Broncos, Pats to Renew Hostilities in First Round of 2018 WHL Playoffs - Swift Current Broncos
- Winterhawks Skate Past T-Birds - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Rebels Get Help from Tigers, But Fail to Help Themselves - Red Deer Rebels
- Chiefs Drop Home Finale to Americans, 2-1 - Spokane Chiefs
- Tigers Storm Past Hurricanes 4-2 - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Pats Use OT to Win Seventh Straight - Regina Pats
- Raiders Drop Home Finale To Blades - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.