Hustle Sweep Back-To-Back with Texas Legends
Frisco, Texas - The Memphis Hustle took the second half of a back-to-back with the Texas Legends, earning a 118-105 victory Saturday night at Comerica Center. The Hustle have now won five straight games against the Legends and are now 2-0 on the season.
After the Hustle jumped out to a quick 8-0 lead, the Legends fought back with an 18-4 run of their own to take a controlling lead early and eventually leading 29-20 at the end of the opening frame. The Hustle responded by outscoring Texas 39-26 in the second quarter to chip away at the lead before taking a 59-55 lead into halftime.
Memphis built its lead to double digits in the third quarter courtesy of a 10-0 run over a stretch of 1:37 and took a 90-80 lead into the final frame. Texas opened the fourth on a 12-2 run to tie the ballgame at 92-92 with 8:00 left, but Memphis outscored the Legends 16-2 over the next 6:05 to seal the victory.
The Hustle had three players score 20-or-more and seven of 10 players in double figures, led by Dusty Hannahs' 24 points in a starting role after a 19-point effort off the bench last night. Grizzlies assignee Josh Jackson and Jarrod Uthoff each had 21 points and 13 rebounds while Jackson also added five assists, two steals and two blocks. Uthoff also totaled three assists and two blocks. Matt Mooney had a productive line of 12 points, six rebounds and five assists. Marquis Teague (14 points), Raynere Thornton (10 points, seven rebounds) and Nino Johnson (10 points, six rebounds) all reached double figures off the bench.
Mavericks two-way player Justin Reaves (22 points, nine rebounds) fell one board shy of a double-double. Nate Mason had 19 points in a reserve role for the Legends to go with six rebounds and four assists. Dakota Mathias added 16 points while Memphis native Antonius Cleveland led the Legends with 10 rebounds.
The Hustle return to Landers Center this coming Monday, November 11, to take on Midwest Division rival Iowa Wolves at 7 p.m. Fans can tune in at gleague.nba.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 9, 2019
- Free Throws Doom Suns in Season Opening Loss - Northern Arizona Suns
- Vipers Drop Home Opener to Austin - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hustle Sweep Back-To-Back with Texas Legends - Memphis Hustle
- Trio Grabs Double-Doubles, But South Bay Falls in Season Opener - South Bay Lakers
- Blue Coats Fall to Red Claws in Season Opener - Delaware Blue Coats
- Drive Fall to Go-Go in DC - Grand Rapids Drive
- BayHawks Split Opening Weekend Homstand; Fall to Greensboro - Erie BayHawks
- GAME RECAP: Nets Get First Win of Season in Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Last Second Free Throws Lift Clippers over Suns in Season Opener - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Canton Charges Past Lakeland for Season Opening Victory - Canton Charge
- Langford, Tacko Dominate Blue Coats in Season Opener - Maine Red Claws
- Knicks Home Opener Postponed Due to Court Damage - Westchester Knicks
- Timberwolves Assign Jaylen Nowell to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Pelicans Transfer Josh Gray from the Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Stockton Kings Dominate Santa Cruz Warriors 122-97 in Season Opener - Stockton Kings
- Santa Cruz Warriors Drop Season Opener 122-97 against the Stockton Kings - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Valentine, Gafford Lead Bulls over Herd, 129-111 - Windy City Bulls
- Austin Spurs Fall to Rio Grande Valley Vipers on Opening Night - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Hustle Stories
- Memphis Hustle Issues Statement
- Memphis Grizzlies Community Assistance Fund Supports Memphians in Need During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Memphis Hustle Announce Single Game Ticket Policy for Postponed Games
- Memphis Hustle Waive Nino Johnson
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Jontay Porter