GAME RECAP: Nets Get First Win of Season in Fort Wayne
Fort Wayne, Ind. - The Long Island Nets defeated the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, 121-117, at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum on Saturday night. Long Island (1-0) went 16-of-39 from 3-point range on Saturday night, led by five made triples from Devin Cannady. The rookie guard from Mishawaka, Ind. capped off the first game of the season with 23 points.
Fort Wayne (0-2) jumped out to a 9-0 run to begin the game, which was the largest lead on the season for the Mad Ants.
The eastern conference foes kept the game within 11 during the second and third quarter, which led to a 94-94 tie with nine minutes to play in the game.
Long Island (1-0) would respond with an 11-0 run of their own over the next 2:45 to cap off the win to begin their 2019-20 campaign.
C.J. Williams chipped in 20 points to go along with four rebounds and two assists. Long Island's big man, John Egbunu, finished with 12 points on a 5-for-5 shooting clip and 13 rebounds.
For Fort Wayne (0-2), Indiana Pacers two-way guard Naz Mitrou-Long ended with a game-high 26 points and 10 assists for his first double-double in a Mad Ant uniform.
Walt Lemon, Jr. and Stephan Hicks partnered to score 22 and 21 points each. Hicks pulled down 11 boards to lead the Mad Ants on the night.
Long Island will return for their first home game of the season against College Park on Monday night.
Fort Wayne will wait until Friday to return to the court in Maine to take on the Red Claws. The Mad Ants are back at home on Monday, Nov. 18 to welcome the College Park Skyhawks for the first-ever matchup between the two teams on a "Money Monday", presented by 3Rivers Federal Credit Union.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 9, 2019
- Free Throws Doom Suns in Season Opening Loss - Northern Arizona Suns
- Vipers Drop Home Opener to Austin - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hustle Sweep Back-To-Back with Texas Legends - Memphis Hustle
- Trio Grabs Double-Doubles, But South Bay Falls in Season Opener - South Bay Lakers
- Blue Coats Fall to Red Claws in Season Opener - Delaware Blue Coats
- Drive Fall to Go-Go in DC - Grand Rapids Drive
- BayHawks Split Opening Weekend Homstand; Fall to Greensboro - Erie BayHawks
- GAME RECAP: Nets Get First Win of Season in Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Last Second Free Throws Lift Clippers over Suns in Season Opener - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Canton Charges Past Lakeland for Season Opening Victory - Canton Charge
- Langford, Tacko Dominate Blue Coats in Season Opener - Maine Red Claws
- Knicks Home Opener Postponed Due to Court Damage - Westchester Knicks
- Timberwolves Assign Jaylen Nowell to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Pelicans Transfer Josh Gray from the Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Stockton Kings Dominate Santa Cruz Warriors 122-97 in Season Opener - Stockton Kings
- Santa Cruz Warriors Drop Season Opener 122-97 against the Stockton Kings - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Valentine, Gafford Lead Bulls over Herd, 129-111 - Windy City Bulls
- Austin Spurs Fall to Rio Grande Valley Vipers on Opening Night - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Mad Ants' Tim Bawmann to be Inducted into Futures League Hall of Fame
- Mad Ants and NBA G League Update Regarding Ticketing
- Fort Wayne Edges Grand Rapids in Closing Seconds, 105-103
- Fort Wayne Has Season Best Shooting Night in Win over College Park
- Indiana Pacers Assign Alize Johnson to Fort Wayne