Heat Beat Admirals 4-2
Milwaukee, WI- The Abbotsford Heat beat the Milwaukee Admirals (AHL affiliate of the Nashville Predators) 4-2 on Friday night at BMO Harris Bradley Center. The Heat remain in first place in the Western Conference with a 33-15-4-1 record and 71 points.
Olivier Roy was spectacular in goal for the Heat earning first star honours, in what is his fourth win in a Heat uniform. Forwards Ben Street and Brett Olson both led the way offensively with two points each on the evening.
The Heat opened the scoring one minute into the game on Sven Baertschi's fifth goal of the season assisted by Ben Street and Josh Jooris. The Heat's early lead did not last long, as the Admirals tied the game at the 3:40 mark on a goal from Vinny Saponari. The Admirals led the shot count 20-8 after 20 minutes.
At 3:26 of the second period, Taylor Beck gave the Admirals their first lead of the game scoring his 12th goal of the season. Ben Street replied for the Heat at the 12 minute mark on the power play, putting away his 21st goal of the season assisted by Brett Olson.
In the third period, Max Reinhart scored the go ahead goal at 12:03 assisted by Markus Granlund and Blair Jones. Brett Olson put the game away in the Heat's favour, scoring an empty net goal at 19:59 unassisted.
Abbotsford went one of four on the power play and killed off all five Milwaukee man advantages.
Olivier Roy picked up the win in goal for the Heat stopping 34 of 36 shots, while Scott Darling was charged the loss turning away 26 of 29 shots.
The Heat finish up their current five-game road trip with a doubleheader on Saturday, February 22nd and Sunday, February 23rd against the Chicago Wolves. The Heat will be back in action on home ice February 29th and March 1st, against the defending champion, Grand Rapids Griffins. For tickets, please call 1-877-452-HEAT (4328), or visit us online at www.abbotsfordheat.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 21, 2014
- Point Streaks Abound as Hogs Down Rival Wolves - Rockford IceHogs
- Sound Tigers win over Wolf Pack - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Texas Opens Pink in the Rink Weekend with 4-1 Win over Charlotte - Texas Stars
- Comets double-up on Syracuse in overtime - Utica Comets
- Checkers Drop First of Two against Texas - Charlotte Checkers
- Barons' Power Play Dooms Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Suffer OT Loss to Comets - Syracuse Crunch
- Heat Beat Admirals 4-2 - Abbotsford Heat
- Amerks Gain Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss to Rampage - Rochester Americans
- Bulldogs Fall 4-1 to Senators at Bell Centre - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Monsters Fall in Shootout to Iowa 2-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Monarchs earns a point in shootout loss - Manchester Monarchs
- Bridgeport victorious over Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Phantoms Burned by Devils Shorties - Adirondack Phantoms
- Wolves Point Streak Ends at Eight Games - Chicago Wolves
- Sens Down Bulldogs 4-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Heat Recall Elson from Alaska - Abbotsford Heat
- Barons Set Club Record in 4-2 Win at Grand Rapids - Oklahoma City Barons
- Sharks Drop 4th Straight with 5-1 Loss on Home Ice to IceCaps - Worcester Sharks
- Rampage Top Amerks 3-2 in Shootout for Sixth Straight Win - San Antonio Rampage
- Iowa Downs Lake Erie 2-1 in a Shootout - Iowa Wild
- Kinkaid, Sislo Shine In Devils Victory - Albany Devils
- Thompson Nets Two in Falcons Shootout Win - Springfield Falcons
- Offence Keeps Firing as IceCaps Blast Sharks - St. John's IceCaps
- Amerks Sign Alex Hutchings to AHL Contract - Rochester Americans
- Coyotes Send Rundblad to Portland on Conditioning Assignment - Portland Pirates
- Amerks to Host Second Annual "Pucks & Paws Night" on Sunday, March 9 - Rochester Americans
- Pirates Announce USA Hockey Weekend Across America Events - Portland Pirates
- Comet Tales: Lorne Henning - Utica Comets
- Gameday: Comets at Syracuse - Utica Comets
- Inaugural Galaxy Cup up for Grabs - Utica Comets
- Rampage Recall G Rob Madore from ECHL Cincinnati - San Antonio Rampage
- Less Than 700 Tickets Remain for Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Syracuse Crunch and Utica Comets Announce Galaxy Cup - Syracuse Crunch
- Minnesota Assigns Blum and Dowell to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Amerks Broadcaster Don Stevens to Miss this Weekend's Games - Rochester Americans
- Capitals Re-Assign Latta, Stoa and Wellman to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- "Ice Warriors" Documentary Featuring the US Paralympic Sled Hockey to Premiere Monday - San Antonio Rampage
- Clash of Intra-State Rivals on Hot Streaks - Rockford IceHogs
- Monarchs Release Gale - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.