Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup
Harrisburg Senators (42-31, 0-3) vs. Bowie Baysox (34-38, 4-0)
RH Wil Crowe (5-5, 3.82) vs. LH Bruce Zimmermann (2-1, 2.49)
Game 74 - Game 4 - 2nd Half - Sunday, June 23 @ 1:00 p.m. - FNB Field
Today's Senators lineup:
Luis Garcia, 2B
Adrian Sanchez, SS
Dante Bichette Jr., LF
Tres Barrera, DH
Chuck Taylor, RF
Ian Sagdal, 3B
Spencer Kieboom, C
Austin Davidson, 1B
Tyler Goeddel, CF
Wil Crowe, SP
The Senators lost 5-2 to the Bowie Baysox and with the loss, have dropped four straight games. The Baysox plated three unearned runs in the fifth inning, breaking a scoreless tie, then tacked on runs in the sixth and seventh innings. The Senators scored their two runs on a two-run double in the eighth by Adrian Sanchez.
Today is game three of a three-game series between the Senators and Bowie Baysox. Harrisburg owns a 6-4 advantage however eight games were played in the first two weeks of the season. This is the final series at FNB Field between the teams. The teams play seven games at Bowie in the first two weeks of July.
The Baysox are 15-3 in their past 18 games while the Senators are 14-21 since May 16.
The Sens are in a stretch of games that sees the Sens playing 28 of 35 games against A.L. opponents.
Even though it's June, this is the second to last two team homestand this season. The Senators host Hartford and Richmond at the end of July into early August. They still have three two city road trips.
The Sens are in a long ball drought. They've hit an HR in just 10 of their past 27 game and are 8-2 in the games they've homered. They haven't homered in their past six games.
Senators - RH Wil Crowe. The Sens season opening starter is making his 14th start. The #4 prospect in the Nationals organization according to MLB.com is making his second start against Bowie. For more on Crowe, please see his starting pitcher page on page 2.
Bowie - LH Bruce Zimmerman. The 24-year-old makes his 13th start for Bowie this season. He has a decision in just 3 of his first 12 starts. He tossed a complete game, 9-inning, shutout in his last outing which was 6/18 at Hartford. He was originally selected in the 5th round of the 2017 draft by the Braves.
They're 34-38 overall and 4-0 in the second half and in first place.
They're 9-1 in their past 10 games which is the best record in the league. They've also won 12 of their past 13 games. Bowie is 18-19 on the road.
Bowie has ten MLB.com Top 30 prospects on their active roster. They have 16 players that have been with the Orioles their entire career, 8 that are AA rookies, and 4 that have MLB experience.
SENATORS ROSTER MAKEUP
The Sens have used 42 players this season. They've averaged using 55 players per season for the past 10 seasons. There are 14 players that have played in the Nats organization their entire career, 10 AA rookies and 5 players with big league experience. Of the 25 active players, 19 were in the Nats organization last year.
The Sens monthly: June 8-11, .230 9HR 65RS and a 2.98 ERA. May 13-16, .224 17HR 103r and a 4.03 ERA. April 21-4, .250 28HR 110r and a 2.66 ERA.
The Sens have 70 scheduled games in the 2nd half with 45 of them against divisional opponents. The DH will be used in 38 of the 70 games including a stretch of 28 of 36 games to begin the 2nd half.
After playing just 26 games against divisional opponents in the first half, the Senators start the second half with a stretch of 25 consecutive games against western division teams.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 23, 2019
- Flying Squirrels Return Home for Seven-Game Homestand this Week - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Ponies' Comeback Comes up Short in Finale against Squirrels - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- RubberDucks Rally Late but Fall in 10 - Akron RubberDucks
- SeaWolves Sweep Akron with 6-5 Win in 10 Innings - Erie SeaWolves
- Warmoth Drives in Another Run in 5-2 Fisher Cats Loss - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Alvarez's Big Day Leads Series Win over New Hampshire - Trenton Thunder
- Brady, Bats Lead Win over Hartford - Altoona Curve
- Barrera Leads Sens to 9-6 Win - Harrisburg Senators
- Luke Has the Power, 'Dogs Win 4-3 on Tendler's Homer - Portland Sea Dogs
- Baysox Drop Series Finale in Harrisburg - Bowie Baysox
- Brady a Bunchful for Yard Goats - Hartford Yard Goats
- Erie SeaWolves at Akron RubberDucks - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: #68 Rumble Ponies (2-2) vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels (3-1)- 2:05PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes June 23rd vs. Reading - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.