Brady a Bunchful for Yard Goats
HARTFORD- Sean Brady turned out to be more than a bunchful for the Hartford Yard Goats, pitching the Altoona Curve to a 6-1 win Sunday afternoon, before a capacity crowd of 6,850 at Dunkin' Donuts Park. It marked the 22nd sellout in 36 home dates for Hartford and the second straight capacity crowd. The Yard Goats have played to nine capacity crowds this season compared to five in 2018.
Brady was backed by a 15-hit attack, all the hits off of Yard Goats starter Jack Wynkoop. After escaping a bases loaded jam in the third inning, the Altoona left-hander retired the last 13 batters he faced, before turning the game over to relievers Blake Cederlind and Matt Eckelman. Brady permitted only four hits and one run on a home run by Bret Boswell in the second inning. He walked two and struck out four.
Altoona rallied to take the lead for good in the third inning on a two-run double by Jared Oliva and a run-scoring single by Robbie Glendinning. The Curve scored a run in the fourth inning on a bases loaded double play ground out, added a marker on a sacrifice fly double play in the fifth and closed out the scoring in the sixth on a solo home run by Alfredo Reyes.
Wynkoop gave manager Warren Schaeffer length, sparing the overworked bullpen. He allowed six runs, five earned, on 15 hits, walked two and struck out two.
Boswell, Alan Trejo, Colton Welker Tyler Nevin and Wynkoop each had a hit for Hartford. Oliva, Glendinning and Suiter had three hits apiece for the Curve.
Hartford starts a seven-game road trip to Bowie and Richmond Monday at Bowie, starting 7:05 PM. The game will be broadcast on News Radio 1410 AM, on 100.9 FM and on the Internet on newsradio1410.iheart.com and on MiLB.com. The Yard Goats return to Dunkin' Donuts Park, Monday, July 1 at 7:05 PM against the Bowie Baysox.
Altoona 6-15-0Hartford 1- 4-1
WP- Sean Brady (3-7)
LP- Jack Wynkoop (5-8)
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 23, 2019
- Flying Squirrels Return Home for Seven-Game Homestand this Week - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Ponies' Comeback Comes up Short in Finale against Squirrels - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- RubberDucks Rally Late but Fall in 10 - Akron RubberDucks
- SeaWolves Sweep Akron with 6-5 Win in 10 Innings - Erie SeaWolves
- Warmoth Drives in Another Run in 5-2 Fisher Cats Loss - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Alvarez's Big Day Leads Series Win over New Hampshire - Trenton Thunder
- Brady, Bats Lead Win over Hartford - Altoona Curve
- Barrera Leads Sens to 9-6 Win - Harrisburg Senators
- Luke Has the Power, 'Dogs Win 4-3 on Tendler's Homer - Portland Sea Dogs
- Baysox Drop Series Finale in Harrisburg - Bowie Baysox
- Brady a Bunchful for Yard Goats - Hartford Yard Goats
- Erie SeaWolves at Akron RubberDucks - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: #68 Rumble Ponies (2-2) vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels (3-1)- 2:05PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes June 23rd vs. Reading - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.