Grizzlies Re-Sign Matt Reber
West Valley City, Utah - Utah Grizzlies Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Kevin Colley today announced that the team has re-signed forward Matt Reber for the 2011-2012 season.
Reber, 22, burst onto the scene late last year for the Grizzlies, joining the team for the last game of the regular season after finishing his college career at Dartmouth. He recorded an assist in his first professional game April 2 versus Bakersfield as Utah finished the year with a 2-1 shootout win. That game would start an eight-game scoring streak to start his pro career as he totaled three goals and eight assists for Utah during the playoffs and finished second overall on the team in playoff scoring.
Two of his three goals were scored on the power-play and two of his three goals were game-winning goals for Utah in the playoffs, which was tied for the league lead.
"Matt was a rare player who made a seamless transition from college to the ECHL overnight and had an immediate impact for our playoff run," said Colley. "He was a factor in so many of our big goals on the power-play and to win games in the postseason that it seemed like he had been on our team all season."
Ticket packages for the 2011-2012 season are on sale now at the Utah Grizzlies offices at Maverik Center or by calling (801) 988-PUCK. Visit utahgrizzlies.com for more information. Utah opens the season Friday, October 14 by hosting the Idaho Steelheads at Maverik Center at 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 20, 2011
- Gladiators Sign Dustin Cameron and Dallas Jackson - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades New Videoboard in Operation - Florida Everblades
- Former Salmon Kings' General Manager & Head Coach Named to Winnipeg Jets' AHL Staff - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Forward Daniel Koger Agrees to Terms with Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Grizzlies Re-Sign Matt Reber - Utah Grizzlies
- Learn Hockey from the Area's Best - Kalamazoo Wings
- Beat The Heat This Friday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Goaltender Kyle Jones Re-Signs with Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Fan Favorite Bushee Returns for Third Season - Wheeling Nailers
- Former Toledo Storm Player Ted Dent Named Head Coach of AHL's Rockcord IceHogs - Toledo Walleye
- Royals Sign Defenseman Denny Urban - Reading Royals
- Walleye Land Two More - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.