Learn Hockey from the Area's Best
Kalamazoo, MI- Wings West announces the complex will host a Community Hockey "Preseason" Program from August 9th-11th.
The clinics will be divided into two ages groups (10 and under; 11 and older). To maximize the attendees learning, the sessions are limited to 30 students and eight goaltenders per session.
Also to increase learning during all three sessions, Wings West has created a coach/student ratio of 8:1 featuring the very best coaches and players in the area.
Scheduled to teach the clinic are Kalamazoo Wings Head Coach Nick Bootland, Kalamazoo Jr. K-Wings General Manager/Head Coach Marc Fakler, Director of Coaching for KOHA and former Western Michigan Bronco Brian Tulik, Kalamazoo United Head Coach Matt Kakabeeke and West Michigan Hounds Midget AAA Coach and former NHL'er Mark Lawerence.
The program includes three hours of supervised instruction, with the students 10 and under on the ice from 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 11 and older students hitting the ice from 2-5:30 p.m.
All skill levels are welcomed to attend this Community Hockey Program. Registration is $180 skaters and $150 for goaltenders.
The program on a first come, first serve basis and registration is now available by calling Theresa Decker at (269) 226-0369.
Stadium Management Company owns the Wings Stadium Complex, Wings West, the Kalamazoo Wings hockey team and the Kalamazoo Jr. K-Wings hockey team. The Wings Stadium Complex is comprised of three buildings; Wings Stadium seats more than 5,100 fans for K-Wings home games and more than 8,000 people for concerts and other stage events. The Annex seats 1,367 for ice events and can seat up to 2,850 for non-ice events such as car, boat, and trade shows. The Cube is the newer of the three facilities and plays host to both ice and non-ice events. All three buildings along with the newly acquired and named Wings West facility are available for rental and feature numerous catering and meeting opportunities.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 20, 2011
- Gladiators Sign Dustin Cameron and Dallas Jackson - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades New Videoboard in Operation - Florida Everblades
- Former Salmon Kings' General Manager & Head Coach Named to Winnipeg Jets' AHL Staff - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Forward Daniel Koger Agrees to Terms with Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Grizzlies Re-Sign Matt Reber - Utah Grizzlies
- Learn Hockey from the Area's Best - Kalamazoo Wings
- Beat The Heat This Friday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Goaltender Kyle Jones Re-Signs with Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Fan Favorite Bushee Returns for Third Season - Wheeling Nailers
- Former Toledo Storm Player Ted Dent Named Head Coach of AHL's Rockcord IceHogs - Toledo Walleye
- Royals Sign Defenseman Denny Urban - Reading Royals
- Walleye Land Two More - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.