Beat The Heat This Friday
Kalamazoo, MI- Wings West announces the complex will host a Beat the Heat! Snow Skate this Friday, July, 22nd from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at the Olympic Rink.
This Friday individuals can save money and keep cool at the same time by skating at Wings West.
Admission for the public skate will be $5 and skate rentals if needed are only $3.
While the weather will be in the 80's and 90's outside, skaters are encouraged to bring their mittens and gloves to handle the frigid temperatures inside. A mound of snow will be place at center ice and during the skate, Wings West will give attendees chances to win cool prizes by holding a Snowman building contest, as well as sled races.
For a full schedule of ice events log onto http://www.wingsstadium.com/skating.htm or call the Ice Events office at (269) 345-2277.
Stadium Management Company owns the Wings Stadium Complex, Wings West, the Kalamazoo Wings hockey team and the Kalamazoo Jr. K-Wings hockey team. The Wings Stadium Complex is comprised of three buildings; Wings Stadium seats more than 5,100 fans for K-Wings home games and more than 8,000 people for concerts and other stage events. The Annex seats 1,367 for ice events and can seat up to 2,850 for non-ice events such as car, boat, and trade shows. The Cube is the newer of the three facilities and plays host to both ice and non-ice events. All three buildings along with the newly acquired and named Wings West facility are available for rental and feature numerous catering and meeting opportunities.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 20, 2011
- Gladiators Sign Dustin Cameron and Dallas Jackson - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades New Videoboard in Operation - Florida Everblades
- Former Salmon Kings' General Manager & Head Coach Named to Winnipeg Jets' AHL Staff - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Forward Daniel Koger Agrees to Terms with Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Grizzlies Re-Sign Matt Reber - Utah Grizzlies
- Learn Hockey from the Area's Best - Kalamazoo Wings
- Beat The Heat This Friday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Goaltender Kyle Jones Re-Signs with Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Fan Favorite Bushee Returns for Third Season - Wheeling Nailers
- Former Toledo Storm Player Ted Dent Named Head Coach of AHL's Rockcord IceHogs - Toledo Walleye
- Royals Sign Defenseman Denny Urban - Reading Royals
- Walleye Land Two More - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.