Fan Favorite Bushee Returns for Third Season
WHEELING, WV - The Wheeling Nailers are pleased to announce Wednesday that the team has agreed to terms with defenseman Kyle Bushee. Bushee will return for his third season with the Nailers. The signing of Bushee marks the first for the Nailers for the upcoming 2011-2012 campaign.
Bushee, 26, returns to Wheeling after posting a career-high 31 points (7g, 24a) in 67 games last season, including adding four points in 17 playoff games. Last season, The 6'1", 195-lb defenseman appeared in two games for the Portland Pirates (AHL) and the two games for the Manitoba Moose (AHL) totaling zero points and a plus-1 rating. The Ostego, Michigan native posted 15 points (6g, 9a) in 59 games played with Wheeling during the 2009-2010 season.
Bushee sealed game two of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals last season, scoring in overtime which gave Wheeling a commanding 2-0 lead in the best-of-five series. Bushee was a key component in the Nailers lengthy playoff run last spring, as the team reached the Conference Finals for the first time since 1998. Bushee is considered a favorite at WesBanco Arena, and is also an active member in the Wheeling community.
"Kyle was a big factor in our success both on and off the ice last year," said Nailers Head Coach Stan Drulia. "We look forward to having Kyle back with us this coming season."
Prior to Wheeling, Bushee also had stints with the Cincinnati Cyclones and Johnstown Chiefs of the ECHL. Bushee played his collegiate career at Western Michigan from 2003-2005, and Canisius College from 2006-2008.
The signing of Bushee is the first of several key transactions expected by the Nailers this summer. More announcements are expected in the near future.
Ticket packages for the 2011-2012 season of Wheeling Nailers hockey are on sale now and include the same great benefits that Nailers fans have become accustomed to receiving. For more information, please contact the Nailers office at 304-234-GOAL or toll-free at 1-877-NAIL-TIX or visit the team's website at wheelingnailers.com. Be A Part Of History!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 20, 2011
- Gladiators Sign Dustin Cameron and Dallas Jackson - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades New Videoboard in Operation - Florida Everblades
- Former Salmon Kings' General Manager & Head Coach Named to Winnipeg Jets' AHL Staff - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Forward Daniel Koger Agrees to Terms with Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Grizzlies Re-Sign Matt Reber - Utah Grizzlies
- Learn Hockey from the Area's Best - Kalamazoo Wings
- Beat The Heat This Friday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Goaltender Kyle Jones Re-Signs with Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Fan Favorite Bushee Returns for Third Season - Wheeling Nailers
- Former Toledo Storm Player Ted Dent Named Head Coach of AHL's Rockcord IceHogs - Toledo Walleye
- Royals Sign Defenseman Denny Urban - Reading Royals
- Walleye Land Two More - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.