Gladiators Sign Dustin Cameron and Dallas Jackson
The Gwinnett Gladiators have signed forward Dustin Cameron and defenseman Dallas Jackson for the 2011-2012 season.
Cameron returns to the Gladiators after he earned 19 points (nine goals, 10 assists) in 25 games last season with the Gladiators. He was acquired from the Elmira Jackals in exchange for defenseman Matt Krug on January 25, 2011. Cameron recorded seven points (three goals, four assists) in 25 games with the Jackals.
The Saskatoon, Saskatchewan native ranked first in points (13) and goals (seven) with Gwinnett in the month of March. He ranked fourth in points among all ECHL rookies during that month.
Cameron skated parts of six seasons in the Western Hockey League with Saskatoon and Prince Albert before he turned pro last year. He tied a career best with 57 points (30 goals, 27 assists) in his final junior season in 2009-10 with Prince Albert. He recorded 170 points (86 goals, 84 assists) in 333 career games in the WHL.
Jackson joins Gwinnett for the 2011-12 season after he was acquired by the Gladiators last season on March 2, 2011 along with Devin Timberlake in exchange for defenseman Sam Roberts. In nine games with Gwinnett, Jackson was held scoreless. He earned two goals and seven assists in 30 games with Reading before being acquired by the Gladiators.
A native of Edson, Alberta, Jackson spent five seasons in the WHL where he amassed 30 goals, 70 assists and 173 penalty minutes in 174 games with Red Deer, Regina, Price George and Kelowna. In the 2009-2010 season, he led defensemen with the Prince George Cougars in goals with 11, assists with 18 and points with 29.
The Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the Premier "AA" Hockey League and play all home games at the 11,355-seat Arena at Gwinnett Center, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 20, 2011
- Gladiators Sign Dustin Cameron and Dallas Jackson - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades New Videoboard in Operation - Florida Everblades
- Former Salmon Kings' General Manager & Head Coach Named to Winnipeg Jets' AHL Staff - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Forward Daniel Koger Agrees to Terms with Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Grizzlies Re-Sign Matt Reber - Utah Grizzlies
- Learn Hockey from the Area's Best - Kalamazoo Wings
- Beat The Heat This Friday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Goaltender Kyle Jones Re-Signs with Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Fan Favorite Bushee Returns for Third Season - Wheeling Nailers
- Former Toledo Storm Player Ted Dent Named Head Coach of AHL's Rockcord IceHogs - Toledo Walleye
- Royals Sign Defenseman Denny Urban - Reading Royals
- Walleye Land Two More - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.