Forward Daniel Koger Agrees to Terms with Cyclones
CINCINNATI, Ohio - The Cincinnati Cyclones, proud affiliate of the NHL's Florida Panthers and Nashville Predators, announced today that they have agreed to terms with forward Daniel Koger for the 2011-12 season.
Koger (CO-guhr) will be making his ECHL debut with the Cyclones in 2011-12 after a very productive season with the Laredo Bucks (CHL). A year ago for the Bucks, he finished third on the team in scoring with 52 points (29 goals, 23 assists) in 64 games - two places behind the team-leader and teammate Neil Trimm. A native of Hungary, the 21-year-old Koger has spent the majority of his playing career overseas, earning several awards along the way. He has won back-to-back Silver Medals with the Hungary national team at the World Championships. Even as an amateur, Koger excelled; in 2006-07 he was named the Hungary League's best junior player and won a Gold Medal with his country's Under-20 team during the same year.
"Daniel is going to be a real offensive threat for us this year," said Cyclones Head Coach Jarrod Skalde. "He's a young European goal scorer who has a nose for the net. He made the commitment last year to give his game a try in North America and did a great job with Laredo. I know he is hungry to improve his game and see how high he can go over here. We're very excited to have him and I know he's excited to be here."
The countdown to the 2011-12 season is officially underway! Secure your seats for this year's Home Opener on Saturday, November 5 when the Cyclones welcome the Chicago Express to U.S. Bank Arena for the first time at 7:30pm. Contact a ticket representative today at 513.421.PUCK or log on to CyclonesHockey.com for more information. Fans can also get the latest team updates during the offseason on Facebook and Twitter.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 20, 2011
- Gladiators Sign Dustin Cameron and Dallas Jackson - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades New Videoboard in Operation - Florida Everblades
- Former Salmon Kings' General Manager & Head Coach Named to Winnipeg Jets' AHL Staff - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Forward Daniel Koger Agrees to Terms with Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Grizzlies Re-Sign Matt Reber - Utah Grizzlies
- Learn Hockey from the Area's Best - Kalamazoo Wings
- Beat The Heat This Friday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Goaltender Kyle Jones Re-Signs with Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Fan Favorite Bushee Returns for Third Season - Wheeling Nailers
- Former Toledo Storm Player Ted Dent Named Head Coach of AHL's Rockcord IceHogs - Toledo Walleye
- Royals Sign Defenseman Denny Urban - Reading Royals
- Walleye Land Two More - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cincinnati Cyclones Stories
- Cyclones Season Comes to An End Following Game 5 Loss
- Cyclones Pushed to the Brink Following Game 4 Loss
- Cyclones Game Preview: 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs- Central Division Final, Game 4 vs. Toledo
- Cyclones Drop Game 3 in Toledo
- Cyclones Game Preview: 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs- Central Division Final, Game 3 vs. Toledo