Forward Daniel Koger Agrees to Terms with Cyclones
CINCINNATI, Ohio - The Cincinnati Cyclones, proud affiliate of the NHL's Florida Panthers and Nashville Predators, announced today that they have agreed to terms with forward Daniel Koger for the 2011-12 season.
Koger (CO-guhr) will be making his ECHL debut with the Cyclones in 2011-12 after a very productive season with the Laredo Bucks (CHL). A year ago for the Bucks, he finished third on the team in scoring with 52 points (29 goals, 23 assists) in 64 games - two places behind the team-leader and teammate Neil Trimm. A native of Hungary, the 21-year-old Koger has spent the majority of his playing career overseas, earning several awards along the way. He has won back-to-back Silver Medals with the Hungary national team at the World Championships. Even as an amateur, Koger excelled; in 2006-07 he was named the Hungary League's best junior player and won a Gold Medal with his country's Under-20 team during the same year.
"Daniel is going to be a real offensive threat for us this year," said Cyclones Head Coach Jarrod Skalde. "He's a young European goal scorer who has a nose for the net. He made the commitment last year to give his game a try in North America and did a great job with Laredo. I know he is hungry to improve his game and see how high he can go over here. We're very excited to have him and I know he's excited to be here."
The countdown to the 2011-12 season is officially underway! Secure your seats for this year's Home Opener on Saturday, November 5 when the Cyclones welcome the Chicago Express to U.S. Bank Arena for the first time at 7:30pm. Contact a ticket representative today at 513.421.PUCK or log on to CyclonesHockey.com for more information. Fans can also get the latest team updates during the offseason on Facebook and Twitter.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 20, 2011
- Gladiators Sign Dustin Cameron and Dallas Jackson - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades New Videoboard in Operation - Florida Everblades
- Former Salmon Kings' General Manager & Head Coach Named to Winnipeg Jets' AHL Staff - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Forward Daniel Koger Agrees to Terms with Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Grizzlies Re-Sign Matt Reber - Utah Grizzlies
- Learn Hockey from the Area's Best - Kalamazoo Wings
- Beat The Heat This Friday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Goaltender Kyle Jones Re-Signs with Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Fan Favorite Bushee Returns for Third Season - Wheeling Nailers
- Former Toledo Storm Player Ted Dent Named Head Coach of AHL's Rockcord IceHogs - Toledo Walleye
- Royals Sign Defenseman Denny Urban - Reading Royals
- Walleye Land Two More - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.