Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - April 6, 2012
GREENVILLE, SC - The Greenville Road Warriors host the Florida Everblades tonight in Game Three of their best-of-five Eastern Conference quarterfinal series. Faceoff is scheduled for 7:35 p.m. at the BI-LO Center.
The Road Warriors (88 pts., 4th place Eastern Conference) host Florida (85 pts., 5th place Eastern Conference) tonight for the third game of their Eastern Conference quarterfinal series. Fans can follow the action by watching live on America One or listening at www.greenvilleroadwarriors.com. Greenville trails the series 2-0 after falling 4-2 in Game Two in Florida on Wednesday night. Florida was 2-for-4 on the power play and led the game wire-to-wire. Marc-Olivier Vallerand was flying high for the Road Warriors and scored a pair of goals; one on the power play and the other one second after a successful penalty kill. The two goals were a career high for Vallerand in the playoffs and, including last season, gave him five goals in his last five Kelly Cup Playoff games. Chris McKelvie has a point (1G, 1A) in each of the first two games in the series and now has four points (2G, 2A) in his last six Kelly Cup Playoff games dating back to last season.
Who: Greenville Road Warriors vs. Florida Everblades
What: Eastern Conference Quarterfinal Game 3: Florida leads 2-0
When: 7:35 p.m.
Where: BI-LO Center, 650 N. Academy St., Greenville, SC 29601
Six times in the history of the ECHL has a team come back from an 0-2 deficit to win a best-of-five series. One instance happened in the history of the organization when Johnstown beat Peoria three games to two in 2002. Greenville's 29 third period shots are tied for the second most among playoff teams.Greenville's offense has been limited to two goals in six of its last seven games which includes the regular season. Greenville is a combined 3-for-21 on the power play in those games.Tonight is Jeff Prough's first playoff game since 4/21/09. He had a goal and an assist for Trenton in a 5-3 Game 7 loss to Elmira. He has 2G, 3A in seven career playoff games. The Road Warriors are 2-1 in their history when facing elimination from playoffs. They have out-scored opponents 14-5 in those three games from 2011.
Be there for the Road Warriors' run to the Kelly Cup! Greenville's next home game of the opening round is Saturday, April 7 at 7:05 p.m. at the BI-LO Center against Florida. There are discounted tickets and preferred seating based on availability for any group of 10 or more that books in advance. Call 864-674-PUCK (7825) to book your group.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 6, 2012
- Stingrays Defeat Gladiators in Second-Longest Game in ECHL History - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Fall in 4 OT to South Carolina 4-3 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stockton Sweeps Series, 3-0, with 4-2 Win - Colorado Eagles
- Royals Fall in Game Three in Elmira, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Road Warriors Eliminated By Everblades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Late Goals Lift Jackals Past Royals - Elmira Jackals
- Kalamazoo Takes a Two Games to One Lead in the Series with a 5-1 Victory over Wheeling - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wings Take 2-1 Series Lead with 5-1 Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Aliu Becomes Second Player in Club History to Reach NHL - Colorado Eagles
- Wranglers' "Goals for Kids" Program Nets $10,000 Donation to YMCA - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Carrozzi Reassigned to Reign Playoff Roster - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - April 6 - ECHL
- Game Preview (Game 3): Stockton Thunder (#5) at Colorado Eagles (#4) - Stockton Thunder
- 2012-13 Road Warriors Season Ticket Packages Unveiled - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Surpasses 3-Million Fans for 19th Consecutive Season - ECHL
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Colorado's Costello Named CCM ECHL Most Valuable Player - ECHL
- Kings To Play Ducks In 2012 Preseason Game In Ontario Citizens Business Bank Arena - Ontario Reign
- Forney to Return to Eagles Lineup in Time for Game 3 Tonight - Colorado Eagles
- Jackals Playoff Game Preview: Elmira Vs. Reading - Elmira Jackals
- Jeff Prough Loaned To Greenville - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - April 6, 2012 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Announces Fine - ECHL
- Chicago Express Cease Operations - ECHL
- Thunder Reassigned Defenseman Ryan Lowery - Stockton Thunder
- Stingrays Kelly Cup Quest Daily - South Carolina Stingrays
- Aliu Becomes 490th ECHL Player to Reach NHL - ECHL
- Express Withdraw from ECHL - Chicago Express
- Stingrays Gameday: Stingrays and Gladiators Meet in Game Three Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - April 6 - ECHL
- Wranglers Sweep Grizzlies, Advance to Second Round of Playoffs - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Grizzlies Season Ends in Las Vegas - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.