Countdown to Face-Off
With the series tied at one game apiece, the Best-of-Five Eastern Conference Quarterfinals will now become a best-of-three with all games played at Wings Stadium. During the regular season, the Nailers defeated the K-Wings 4-2 back on February 26th in the team's lone encounter on Vanrick Drive.
Erupting for three goals in the third period of game two, the K-Wings forced a split of the games at the WesBanco Arena. Kalamazoo's power-play, which went 2-for-3 in game two, was a perfect 2-for-2 in the third period of Wednesday's contest.
Comfortable away from the WesBanco Arena, the Nailers went 17-13-3-3 on the road during the regular season. Andrew Hotham continues to lead Wheeling in postseason scoring; registering four points (2 goals, 2 assists) in the first two games of the series.
Playoff Team Leaders: Kalamazoo Wings Wheeling Nailers
Goals: Six Players Tied (1 Goal) Andrew Hotham (2 Goals)
Assists: Trent Daavettila (3 Assists) Cody Chupp, Paul Crowder,
Andrew Hotham (2 Assists)
Points: Trent Daavettila, Dwight Helminen, Andrew Hotham (4 Points)
Nick Sirota (3 Points)
+/-: Darren Archibald, Kory Karlander (+1) Paul Crowder, Andrew Hotham,
Peter Merth (+3)
Penalty Minutes: Seven Players Tied (2 Minutes) Chris Barton (6 Minutes)
Power Play Goals: Darryl Bootland, Sam Ftorek, Paul Crowder (1 Goal)
Mike Matczak (1 Goal)
Short Handed Goals: Entire Team (0 Goals) Andrew Hotham (1 Goal)
Game Winning Goals: Dwight Helminen (1 GW) Ben Farrer (1 GW)
Shots: Darren Archibald, Chris Barton (10 Shots)
Dwight Helminen (7 Shots)
Shooting Percentage: Mike Matczak (100 %) Andrew Hotham (40%)
Overtime Goals: Entire Team (0 Goals) Entire Team (0 Goals)
Goals Against Average: Riley Gill (2.51 ) Patrick Killeen (3.04)
Save Percentage: Riley Gill (0.928) Patrick Killeen (0.885)
All-Time/ Playoff Series
All-Time Playoff Series: K-Wings Lead All-Time Playoff Series: 5-3
Best-of-Five Series: Best-of Five Series is Tied: One Game Apiece
Last Meeting: K-Wings Won 4-2 on April 4th @ WesBanco Arena in Wheeling, West Virginia
Next Meeting: Saturday, April 7th @ Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo, Michigan (Game Four)
Jumping Out in Front
In the first two games of the series, the K-Wings have earned the game's first goal. During the regular season, Kalamazoo was 26-9-1-3 when scoring before their opponents.
This season, the K-Wings spent 152 days in first place in the North Division and 16 days in second. Kalamazoo is the only team in the division not to spend any time in either third or fourth place.
One of the top teams in the regular season with a man-advantage, Kalamazoo has continued their power-play success in the playoffs. Through two games, the K-Wings are 3-for-6 on the power-play and lead the league with a percentage of 50-percent.
Stopping the Penalty Shots
Stopping a penalty shot in game two was nothing new for the K-Wings. Kalamazoo led the ECHL in the regular season with seven penalty shot attempts against (6-of-7 saved).
Tickets! Get Your Tickets!!
Tickets for all K-Wings home games are now on sale. Catch all the action as your K-Wings play the very best the ECHL has to offer. Tickets are on sale now by calling the Wings Stadium Ticket Office at (269) 345-5101.
This season, the best way to keep track of the K-Wings is to log onto www.kwings.com . The site has player profiles, information about Wings Stadium events, and much, much more.
Join special Head Coach Nick Bootland and the "Voice of the K-Wings", Mike Modugno this Monday on "K-Wings Live" presented by Miller Lite. The show is on The Classic Hits Station WLKM (95.9 FM) and online through www.kwings.com from 7-8 p.m. at Old Burdick's Wings West on Sports Drive.
K-Wings on Radio
Catch all the K-Wings games, home and away, on the K-Wings Radio Network (95.9 FM WLKM & on kwings.com). Join the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno for all 72 regular season games plus the playoffs. Pre-game coverage begins with the Kalsee Credit Union Pre-Game Show 15 minutes prior to face-off. For the most complete coverage of the K-Wings from the opening face-off to the final buzzer, keep your radio tuned this season to the K-Wings Radio Network.
Saturday, April 7th Vs Wheeling 7:30 PM (Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, Game Four)
*Monday, April 9th Vs Wheeling 7:00 PM (Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, Game Five)
(* Denotes Games that Will Only Be Played If Necessary)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 6, 2012
- Stingrays Defeat Gladiators in Second-Longest Game in ECHL History - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Fall in 4 OT to South Carolina 4-3 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stockton Sweeps Series, 3-0, with 4-2 Win - Colorado Eagles
- Royals Fall in Game Three in Elmira, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Road Warriors Eliminated By Everblades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Late Goals Lift Jackals Past Royals - Elmira Jackals
- Kalamazoo Takes a Two Games to One Lead in the Series with a 5-1 Victory over Wheeling - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wings Take 2-1 Series Lead with 5-1 Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Aliu Becomes Second Player in Club History to Reach NHL - Colorado Eagles
- Wranglers' "Goals for Kids" Program Nets $10,000 Donation to YMCA - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Carrozzi Reassigned to Reign Playoff Roster - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - April 6 - ECHL
- Game Preview (Game 3): Stockton Thunder (#5) at Colorado Eagles (#4) - Stockton Thunder
- 2012-13 Road Warriors Season Ticket Packages Unveiled - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Surpasses 3-Million Fans for 19th Consecutive Season - ECHL
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Colorado's Costello Named CCM ECHL Most Valuable Player - ECHL
- Kings To Play Ducks In 2012 Preseason Game In Ontario Citizens Business Bank Arena - Ontario Reign
- Forney to Return to Eagles Lineup in Time for Game 3 Tonight - Colorado Eagles
- Jackals Playoff Game Preview: Elmira Vs. Reading - Elmira Jackals
- Jeff Prough Loaned To Greenville - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - April 6, 2012 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Announces Fine - ECHL
- Chicago Express Cease Operations - ECHL
- Thunder Reassigned Defenseman Ryan Lowery - Stockton Thunder
- Stingrays Kelly Cup Quest Daily - South Carolina Stingrays
- Aliu Becomes 490th ECHL Player to Reach NHL - ECHL
- Express Withdraw from ECHL - Chicago Express
- Stingrays Gameday: Stingrays and Gladiators Meet in Game Three Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - April 6 - ECHL
- Wranglers Sweep Grizzlies, Advance to Second Round of Playoffs - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Grizzlies Season Ends in Las Vegas - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.