Green Bay Wins Fifth Straight Game
Fond du Lac, WI - In a pitchers' duel on Saturday night, Green Bay put up enough offense to outlast the Dock Spiders 3-2.
It took until the fourth inning for either time to scratch across a run on Saturday, but the Booyah were the ones who hopped on the scoreboard first. In the top of the fourth, Chris Williams led off with a double, and immediately advanced to third on a wild pitch. With Williams at third, Jacob Buchberger walked to put runners on the corners. After Buchberger stole second base, Brady West delivered a two RBI single down the first base line to put Green Bay in front 2-0.
The Booyah scored again in the seventh, this time with two outs. Buchberger again stole a bag, and West once again brought him in with an RBI single. West finished the day with all three runs driven in, and 2-4 at the plate. Buchberger went 1-3 with two runs scored, and Williams had three hits in five plate appearances.
On the mound, Chris Jefferson earned his third win of the season, going 5.2 innings and allowing just one earned run while striking out four. Chandler Ingram threw a scoreless frame out of the bullpen to keep the Booyah lead at two. In the seventh, the Booyah had to turn to closer Tanner Lane to get a seven out save, and Lane produced while striking out three and allowing an earned run. The save was Lane's fifth of the season.
Green Bay meets Fond du Lac again tomorrow at 1:05 p.m. as they look to sweep the two-game set from the Dock Spiders. Jack Mahoney takes the mound for the Booyah as they try to head into the All-Star break on a high note.
Capital Credit Union Park features over 1,500 free parking spots within a 5 minute walk. Visit booyahbaseball.com for details.
Images from this story
Brady West of the Green Bay Booyah
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 13, 2019
- Rafters Dominate, Win Game One against Madison - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Unable to Sink Rafters to Lose Series Opener - Madison Mallards
- Kingfish Fall to Chinooks - Kenosha Kingfish
- Kempin-Ellis Finds Home in Hospitality - Kenosha Kingfish
- Green Bay Wins Fifth Straight Game - Green Bay Booyah
- MoonDogs Win with Late Rallies against Bucks - Mankato MoonDogs
- Stingers Fall Short in Extras - Willmar Stingers
- Dock Spiders Fall Short against Booyah - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Troubles with the West Continue, Growlers Lose to Woodchucks - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Duluth Shuts out La Crosse in Game One 6-0 - Duluth Huskies
- Bombers and Pit Spitters Delayed Due to Light Outage - Battle Creek Bombers
- Bucks Fall 8-4 to Mankato - Waterloo Bucks
- Woodchucks Use Complete Performance to Beat Growlers - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- St. Cloud Scores a Season-High 19 Runs in Win against Bismarck - St. Cloud Rox
- Two-Game Series Propels Rafters into All-Star Break - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rafters Float to the Duck Pond for the First Time this Month - Madison Mallards
- Comeback Bid Falls Short - Thunder Bay Border Cats
- Bucks Stampede over Express 14-6 - Waterloo Bucks
- Mason Lifts Booyah to Victory - Green Bay Booyah
- Stingers Beaten by Bismarck - Willmar Stingers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.