Mason Lifts Booyah to Victory
Ashwaubenon, WI - Joe Mason put the team on his back and homered three different times, including a walk-off, in a 9-8 victory over the Chinooks on Friday night.
Chris Williams led off the ninth with a leadoff walk. After Blaise Maris advanced Williams with a bunt, Brady West flew out to right field to send Williams to third. With Williams standing 90 feet away, Mason stepped in for the fifth time on the night. On the very first pitch he saw, Mason sent a breaking ball over the right field wall and sent the Booyah home with pure joy.
"I just tried to stay focused at the plate and trusted what God gave me and let it ride." Mason said. "I've just been sitting on a smaller zone on the first pitch and if it's in that area I'm going."
Mason finished the day 3-5 with three home runs and six total RBIs. Green Bay as a team hit four home runs, with Brady West adding the other on a solo shot. West finished the day 2-3 with two RBIs. The only other RBI on the day came off the bat of Jarrett Ford on a single in the first inning.
On the mound, Tommy Miller only went three innings, giving up six earned runs in his fourth start of the season. Out of the bullpen, Bobby Dorta went two innings, gave up just one hit and allowed a single earned run. Chandler Ingram also went two frames for Green Bay, giving up just two hits, and no runs. Will Saxton earned the win for Green Bay, going two innings and striking out one.
With the win, the Booyah have now won four consecutive games and now sit alone in first place in the Great Lakes West Division. Green Bay heads to Fond du Lac tomorrow for a two-game set against the Dock Spiders. Chris Jefferson makes the road start for the Booyah. First pitch is set for 6:35 p.m.
Capital Credit Union Park features over 1,500 free parking spots within a 5 minute walk. Visit booyahbaseball.com for details.
Images from this story
Joe Mason of the Green Bay Booyah
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 13, 2019
- Rafters Dominate, Win Game One against Madison - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Unable to Sink Rafters to Lose Series Opener - Madison Mallards
- Kingfish Fall to Chinooks - Kenosha Kingfish
- Kempin-Ellis Finds Home in Hospitality - Kenosha Kingfish
- Green Bay Wins Fifth Straight Game - Green Bay Booyah
- MoonDogs Win with Late Rallies against Bucks - Mankato MoonDogs
- Stingers Fall Short in Extras - Willmar Stingers
- Dock Spiders Fall Short against Booyah - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Troubles with the West Continue, Growlers Lose to Woodchucks - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Duluth Shuts out La Crosse in Game One 6-0 - Duluth Huskies
- Bombers and Pit Spitters Delayed Due to Light Outage - Battle Creek Bombers
- Bucks Fall 8-4 to Mankato - Waterloo Bucks
- Woodchucks Use Complete Performance to Beat Growlers - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- St. Cloud Scores a Season-High 19 Runs in Win against Bismarck - St. Cloud Rox
- Two-Game Series Propels Rafters into All-Star Break - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rafters Float to the Duck Pond for the First Time this Month - Madison Mallards
- Comeback Bid Falls Short - Thunder Bay Border Cats
- Bucks Stampede over Express 14-6 - Waterloo Bucks
- Mason Lifts Booyah to Victory - Green Bay Booyah
- Stingers Beaten by Bismarck - Willmar Stingers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.