Goldeyes Supporting Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters Scholarship Fund
WINNIPEG, MB - In celebration of 100 years of support for Manufacturing in Manitoba, the Winnipeg Goldeyes will host the first-ever Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters (CME) Industry Night on Friday, June 21st when they take on the Milwaukee Milkmen at Shaw Park at 7:05 p.m.
$4 from every ticket sold when using the promo code "CME 100" will be donated to CME's scholarship fund.
In 1919, Winnipeg was home to the infamous General Strike, and the formation of CME in Manitoba. From gender equality to cutting-edge technical skills, the face of manufacturing looks radically different a century later, but the sector continues to power Manitoba's GDP.
Today, nearly 64,000 Manitobans work in manufacturing, and the industry is directly responsible for 9.7 percent of all economic activity in the workplace.
The Winnipeg Goldeyes and CME have partnered to celebrate the contribution of manufacturing in Manitoba for the past 100 years, and encourage the new generation to discover manufacturing.
"CME strives to provide Manitoba youth the opportunity to discover their capabilities beyond the school walls, and connect students to industry," said Ron Koslowsky, Vice President, CME Manitoba. "On this occasion of our 100th anniversary, let's put modesty aside and celebrate CME's achievements in making a difference for the success of the manufacturing sector in our province and to our community. Thanks to the Goldeyes for supporting our mission by donating to our scholarship fund."
"It has been a great pleasure for the Goldeyes to build meaningful connections with CME members, and learn of the many incredible success stories by manufacturers and exporters throughout the province," said Dan Chase, Director of Sales and Marketing for the Goldeyes. "Even though our product is less tangible than most, we do manufacture fun!"
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 18, 2019
- Goldeyes Top Dogs in Series-Opener - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Prime's 3-Run Homer Downs Gary, 3-0, in Series Opener - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Prime's 3-Run Homer Downs Gary, 3-0, in Series Opener - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- AirHogs Blank Cleburne - Cleburne Railroaders
- Dogs Can't Withstand Goldeyes' Rally, Fall In Winnipeg - Chicago Dogs
- Watery Days Wash T-Bones Away...Again - Kansas City T-Bones
- Explorers and T-Bones Postponed Due to Rain - Sioux City Explorers
- T-Bones Return Home for a Week of Fun Well Done - Kansas City T-Bones
- 'Dogs Fall to Late Milwaukee Rally - Lincoln Saltdogs
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Goldeyes Supporting Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters Scholarship Fund - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Saints Find Their Final Sidekick on the Mound, Sign UW-La Crosse's McMahon - St. Paul Saints
- Birdcage Turns into Bandbox, Saints Tie Franchise Record with Six Homers, Murphy Career High Seven RBI in 20-11 Win over Canaries - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.