Goaltender Parker Milner Joins Bears, Morrison Re-Assigned to Stingrays
(Hershey, PA) - The Washington Capitals announced today that goaltender Parker Milner has been re-assigned to the Hershey Bears. Additionally, the Bears announced that goaltender Adam Morrison was assigned to the club's ECHL affiliate, the South Carolina Stingrays.
Milner, 28, appeared in three games for the Bears this season, recording a 2-1-0 record with a 2.28 goals against average and a .931 save percentage. Over the past three seasons, Milner has appeared in 14 games with Hershey with a 6-7-1 record, a 3.16 goals against average, and a .898 save percentage.
Milner went 19-17-3 with a 2.95 goals against average and a .912 save percentage in 40 games with South Carolina of the ECHL this season. Additionally, the 6-foot-1, 187-pound goaltender recorded a 2.74 goals against average and a .914 save percentage in South Carolina's opening round loss to the Orlando Solar Bears in the 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs. The Pittsburgh native was named the ECHL's Goaltender of the Year following the 2017-18 regular season when he posted a 28-7-3 record with a 1.86 goals against average and a .929 save percentage.
Milner was recalled by Washington on Apr. 21 and served as the team's third goalie during the opening round playoff loss to Carolina.
Morrison, 28, went 6-5-0-0 with South Carolina this season, posting a 2.87 goals against average and a .902 save percentage with one shutout in 12 games. The netminder returned from a long-term injury on Mar. 9, and won two of his final three starts on the season. He was recalled to Hershey on Apr. 11 and did not see any game action.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 29, 2019
- Wolves Face Iowa Wild in Central Division Finals - Chicago Wolves
- American Hockey League Announces Second-Round Schedules for 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs - AHL
- IceHogs Agree to Terms with Forward Nick Moutrey - Rockford IceHogs
- Condors to Host Gulls in Pacific Division Finals on Friday and Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Goaltender Parker Milner Joins Bears, Morrison Re-Assigned to Stingrays - Hershey Bears
- Monsters to Broadcast Games One and Two of North Division Finals vs. Toronto Marlies on FOX Sports Ohio - Cleveland Monsters
- 'Canes Recall Bean from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Roadrunners Re-Sign Kelly Klima to One-Year Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Sign Charle-Edouard D'Astous to Two-Year Deal - Grand Rapids Griffins
- 'Canes Recall Nedeljkovic from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Texas Signs Minnesota-Duluth Captain Parker MacKay - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.