Wolves Face Iowa Wild in Central Division Finals
GLENVIEW, Ill. - The Central Division champion Chicago Wolves will meet the third-seeded Iowa Wild in the second round of the 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs. The best-of-seven Central Division Finals begins Wednesday, May 1, at Allstate Arena.
Head coach Rocky Thompson's Wolves, who dispatched the Grand Rapids Griffins during the opening round in five games, own the home-ice advantage as they continue to fight for a fifth league championship. American Hockey League rules call for a 2-3-2 series when teams are located more than 300 miles apart, so the Wolves host Games 1 and 2 as well as Games 6 and 7 if necessary.
The official schedule for the Central Division Finals:
Wednesday, May 1 Allstate Arena 7 p.m.
Game 2 Thursday, May 2 Allstate Arena 7 p.m.
Game 3 Sunday, May 5 Wells Fargo Arena 3 p.m.
Game 4 Wednesday, May 8 Wells Fargo Arena 7 p.m.
Game 5* Friday, May 10 Wells Fargo Arena 7 p.m.
Game 6* Monday, May 13 Allstate Arena 7 p.m.
Game 7* Wednesday, May 15 Allstate Arena 7 p.m.
This marks the first postseason clash between the Wolves and the Wild as Iowa earned a playoff spot this season for the first time in the franchise's six-year history. The Wolves faced the unrelated Iowa Stars in the 2007 West Division Final and took the series in six games, which included a 2-1 record at Wells Fargo Arena. During the 2018-19 regular season, the Wolves and the Wild split their eight meetings.
Every home game throughout the postseason will be broadcast on The U Too, which can be found over the air on 26.2 and via cable or satellite on XFinity 230, Dish Network 48, RCN 35 and WOW 170. Fans can see all Calder Cup Playoff games for just $24.99 at TheAHL.com/AHLTV.
To celebrate postseason hockey in Chicago, there's free parking for all games at Allstate Arena courtesy of your Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana Kia dealers. The arena's concession stands will feature discounted prices on many items, including beer, soda, hot dogs and pretzels.
Eight teams remain in the fight for the 2019 Calder Cup. The winner of the Chicago-Iowa series meets the Pacific Division Finals champion -- either top-seeded Bakersfield or third-seeded San Diego -- in the Western Conference Finals.
To purchase a playoff package or a playoff flex pack, visit ChicagoWolves.com/Playoffs or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES. Individual tickets for all playoff games also can be purchased by visiting Ticketmaster.com, calling Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000 or visiting the Allstate Arena box office.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 29, 2019
- Wolves Face Iowa Wild in Central Division Finals - Chicago Wolves
- American Hockey League Announces Second-Round Schedules for 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs - AHL
- IceHogs Agree to Terms with Forward Nick Moutrey - Rockford IceHogs
- Condors to Host Gulls in Pacific Division Finals on Friday and Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Goaltender Parker Milner Joins Bears, Morrison Re-Assigned to Stingrays - Hershey Bears
- Monsters to Broadcast Games One and Two of North Division Finals vs. Toronto Marlies on FOX Sports Ohio - Cleveland Monsters
- 'Canes Recall Bean from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Roadrunners Re-Sign Kelly Klima to One-Year Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Sign Charle-Edouard D'Astous to Two-Year Deal - Grand Rapids Griffins
- 'Canes Recall Nedeljkovic from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Texas Signs Minnesota-Duluth Captain Parker MacKay - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Wolves Stories
- Thirty-Eight Chicago Wolves on NHL Playoff Rosters
- Chicago Wolves Receive AHL's Community Service Award
- Downers Grove Man Wins Chicago Wolves' Sprint Power Play Payday Contest
- Chicago Wolves' 2019-20 Season Canceled
- Chicago Wolves to Relive 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs Run