IceHogs Agree to Terms with Forward Nick Moutrey
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs today announced they have agreed to terms with forward Nick Moutrey on a one-year AHL contract that runs through the 2019-20 season.
Moutrey, 23, spent the majority of the 2018-19 campaign with the IceHogs after signing a pair of Professional Tryout Agreements (PTO) with the team. He logged one goal, four assists and 22 penalty minutes in 49 games and has now skated in the AHL during each of the last four seasons. The 6-3, 218-lbs forward made his team debut on Nov. 14 at Grand Rapids, tallied his first point with Rockford via an assist on Dec. 7 vs. the Griffins and scored his lone goal on Feb. 17 vs. San Antonio.
The Shelburne, Ontario native also posted a point-per-game average with the ECHL's Manchester Monarchs last season, notching four goals and eight assists through 12 contests. He led the team in both points and assists prior to signing a PTO with the IceHogs.
Overall, Moutrey has combined for 44 points (20g, 24a) and 125 PIMs in 201 career AHL games between Lake Erie/Cleveland (2015-18), Belleville (2017-18) and Rockford (2018-19). He won the Calder Cup with the Monsters during his AHL debut season in 2015-16 and recorded a career-high 17 points (8g, 9a) the following year with Cleveland in 2016-17.
Moutrey was originally selected by Columbus in the fourth round (105th overall) of the 2013 NHL Draft.
Season Tickets for 2019-20 on Sale Now:
Don't miss a moment of the action next season. Reserve your seats for the IceHogs' 21st season of professional hockey in Rockford and 13th as the top AHL affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks. The IceHogs' home opener is set for Oct. 12 and ticket packages begin as low as $132 for an eight-game mini pack. Contact us at (815) 847-6399 or visit icehogs.com to claim your spots for this upcoming season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 29, 2019
- Wolves Face Iowa Wild in Central Division Finals - Chicago Wolves
- American Hockey League Announces Second-Round Schedules for 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs - AHL
- IceHogs Agree to Terms with Forward Nick Moutrey - Rockford IceHogs
- Condors to Host Gulls in Pacific Division Finals on Friday and Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Goaltender Parker Milner Joins Bears, Morrison Re-Assigned to Stingrays - Hershey Bears
- Monsters to Broadcast Games One and Two of North Division Finals vs. Toronto Marlies on FOX Sports Ohio - Cleveland Monsters
- 'Canes Recall Bean from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Roadrunners Re-Sign Kelly Klima to One-Year Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Sign Charle-Edouard D'Astous to Two-Year Deal - Grand Rapids Griffins
- 'Canes Recall Nedeljkovic from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Texas Signs Minnesota-Duluth Captain Parker MacKay - Texas Stars
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Get $8.15 Tickets to Home Opener this Thursday, August 15
- Single-Game Tickets on Sale Next Thursday, August 15
- Win Cash, IceHogs Prizes at Anything That Floats Race on August 18
- Rockford Agrees to Terms with D-Man Jake Ryczek
- Visit IceHogs at Fred VanVleet Fest this Friday