Game Day: LouCity Hosts North Carolina at 3 p.m.
Louisville City FC is riding a three-game win streak heading into today's matchup with North Carolina FC. Kickoff is set for 3 p.m. at Slugger Field.
Saturday's match pits old friends John Hackworth, coach of Louisville City, vs. Dave Sarachan, the first-year coach of North Carolina. The pair have known each other for years, and have worked together in the U.S. Men's National Team program.
"I know North Carolina will be ready," Hackworth said. "They have been in great form recently and are the hottest team in the East right now."
North Carolina FC has won four of its last five matches including three straight. North Carolina beat Memphis 2-1 on Aug. 10, punished Pittsburgh 5-0 last Saturday and then beat the Tampa Bay Rowdies 4-2 Wednesday night.
Sarachan said he knows his team is in for a challenge Saturday at Slugger Field.
"Similar to what I would have said from day one. They're well-coached, they've got good players, they're playing at home," Sarachan said. "They're fighting like we're fighting to get the best spot in the table. I expect they'll be up for it and I think it's going to be another good test for us. It's our third game in a week, which is not easy. But having said that, you know, you can recover quicker when you're in good form. I think our guys will be ready for it."
The Boys in Purple are up for Saturday's challenge. North Carolina is currently 2nd in the East with 46 points. Louisville City is seventh in the East with 39 points.
"It's always fun for us when you have a hot team coming in," goalkeeper Chris Hubbard said. "It's a big opportunity for us in terms of points and the table. It should be a challenge, but it should be fun."
Louisville City is hoping to continue its strong play of recent weeks.
"I think it is about us finding that finishing touch and then securing the defense a little bit more," Hubbard said. "Our mentality really hasn't changed. We have always believed in hard work and playing hard and all, but I think it is finally coming together and we are clicking a little better."
The game will be broadcast on WBKI TV locally and streamed around the country on ESPN+. Internationally the LOUvNC is available on YouTube. Saturday's radio call is by Kevin Kernen and Jeff Greer on 840 WHAS.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 24, 2019
- El Paso Locomotive FC Drop 1-0 in Edinburg, TX to RGV - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Bird's Lone Goal Earns Toros Three Points at Home against Locomotive - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Higashi's Goal Not Enough, Akinyode Wins It Late for Nashville. - Charleston Battery
- San Antonio FC Earns 50th All-Time League Win in 5-0 Victory over New Mexico United - San Antonio FC
- Akinyode's Stunner at the Death Wins It for Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- Shorthanded New Mexico United Fall San Antonio FC - New Mexico United
- Memphis 901 FC Falls at Tampa Bay - Memphis 901 FC
- Fresno FC vs. Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC Preview - Fresno FC
- ATL UTD 2 Falls 3-2 at Hartford Athletic - Atlanta United 2
- Hartford Wins 3-2; Remains Undefeated on $2 Beer Night - Hartford Athletic
- Lineup Notes: Nashville SC vs. Charleston Battery - Nashville SC
- North Carolina FC Falls to Louisville City FC 1-0 in Hard Fought Battle - North Carolina FC
- Bethlehem Steel FC Hosts Birmingham Legion FC on Sunday - Philadelphia Union II
- STLFC Comeback Falls Short with 2-1 Loss Away to Ottawa Fury - Saint Louis FC
- RGV FC Acquire MF Deshane Beckford on Loan from Montego Bay United - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Nashville SC Eager for Challenging Match against Hungry Charleston Battery Side - Nashville SC
- Game Day: LouCity Hosts North Carolina at 3 p.m. - Louisville City FC
- North Carolina FC Signs Former Academy Goalkeeper Ryan Cretens - North Carolina FC
- Preview | Indy Eleven Continues Homestand vs. Charlotte Independence - Indy Eleven
- Phoenix Rising Remains Undefeated on $1 Beer Night Following Gritty 2-1 Win over Sacramento - Phoenix Rising FC
- Iwasa sets another club record, but SRFC fall to the Western Conference leaders in Arizona - Sacramento Republic FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Louisville City FC Stories
- LouCity Clinches a Playoff Spot with No. 1 Seed in Its Sights
- LouCity's Lancaster, Ownby Earn USL Team of the Week Spots
- Kickoff Time Changed for LouCity Finale
- LouCity Acquires Former Cardinal Standout Walker on Loan
- Lancaster Scores Two as LouCity's Winning Streak Continues