Fresno FC vs. Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC Preview
FRESNO, Calif. - Los Zorros look to make it nine straight games unbeaten at home this Saturday when they host Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC. Kickoff is 7:30 p.m. at Chukchansi Park. It's the second meeting between the two sides this season, with Fresno looking to avenge a 1-0 loss at Colorado Springs on June 1 against the Switchbacks and former Fresno FC player Rony Argueta. The Switchbacks lead the all-time series 2-1-0, though Fresno will look to level that tally away from Colorado Springs, where the Switchbacks have not won since March 9, in a 4-1 win at LA Galaxy II. Since then, the Switchbacks road form is 1-9-2, that most recently saw a 4-0 defeat at Sacramento. Colorado Springs' last win came on July 20 at home, and are 0-3-2 since then. Jordan Burt, who scored against Fresno on June 1, is the club's highest scorer at six goals, and Shane Malcolm is right behind at six. Defender Ismaila Jome has gotten in on the action, with two goals and a team-best four assists in 2019. Jome's distribution has come from the wings. His 189 crosses are most in the Western Conference and are the reason he leads Colorado Springs with 43 chances created.
HE SAID IT
HEAD COACH ADAM SMITH
AS: "Colorado Springs is basically a team that we're expected to beat, and I say that with the greatest respect to Colorado Springs. The league positions don't lie. We're at home and they're on the road, where they've struggled. Still, we can't take them lightly. We saw what happened in Colorado in June. We can't just expect to win it, we have to earn it. We're going into tomorrow making sure that doesn't happen again."
1-2-0 all-time (Colorado Springs leads series)
Fresno FC's only win against the Switchbacks came in October of 2018, in a 3-0 rout that saw goals from Alex Cooper, Jemal Johnson and Christian Chaney.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 24, 2019
- El Paso Locomotive FC Drop 1-0 in Edinburg, TX to RGV - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Bird's Lone Goal Earns Toros Three Points at Home against Locomotive - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Higashi's Goal Not Enough, Akinyode Wins It Late for Nashville. - Charleston Battery
- San Antonio FC Earns 50th All-Time League Win in 5-0 Victory over New Mexico United - San Antonio FC
- Akinyode's Stunner at the Death Wins It for Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- Shorthanded New Mexico United Fall San Antonio FC - New Mexico United
- Memphis 901 FC Falls at Tampa Bay - Memphis 901 FC
- Fresno FC vs. Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC Preview - Fresno FC
- ATL UTD 2 Falls 3-2 at Hartford Athletic - Atlanta United 2
- Hartford Wins 3-2; Remains Undefeated on $2 Beer Night - Hartford Athletic
- Lineup Notes: Nashville SC vs. Charleston Battery - Nashville SC
- North Carolina FC Falls to Louisville City FC 1-0 in Hard Fought Battle - North Carolina FC
- Bethlehem Steel FC Hosts Birmingham Legion FC on Sunday - Bethlehem Steel FC
- STLFC Comeback Falls Short with 2-1 Loss Away to Ottawa Fury - Saint Louis FC
- RGV FC Acquire MF Deshane Beckford on Loan from Montego Bay United - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Nashville SC Eager for Challenging Match against Hungry Charleston Battery Side - Nashville SC
- Game Day: LouCity Hosts North Carolina at 3 p.m. - Louisville City FC
- North Carolina FC Signs Former Academy Goalkeeper Ryan Cretens - North Carolina FC
- Preview | Indy Eleven Continues Homestand vs. Charlotte Independence - Indy Eleven
- Phoenix Rising Remains Undefeated on $1 Beer Night Following Gritty 2-1 Win over Sacramento - Phoenix Rising FC
- Iwasa sets another club record, but SRFC fall to the Western Conference leaders in Arizona - Sacramento Republic FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fresno FC Stories
- Zorros Draw 2-2 with La Galaxy II on Stand up 2 Cancer Night
- Fresno FC vs. LA Galaxy II Preview
- Fresno FL Issues Statement in Response to Comments Made by City of Fresno Mayor Lee Brand and Councilmember Miguel Arias
- Fresno FC Drops Road Match at El Paso
- Zorros Fall 2-1 at San Antonio