Fuel Tame Solar Bears 5-3
ORLANDO, FL - The Indy Fuel received a four-point night from Brandon Wong plus two goals by Alex Lavoie including the game-winning goal as they downed the Orlando Solar Bears 5-3 on Wednesday night at Amway Center.
The Fuel opened the scoring with five straight goals to stagger Orlando by the time the game was just shy of 36 minutes old. Wong and Lavoie bookended Rhett Bly's power play marker at 7:19 of the second period with goals on each side to complete the onslaught. Bly's goal chased starting goaltender Ryan Massa (16 saves, no decision) from the net.
Shane Owen (32 saves) stood tall on several occasions to keep the Solar Bears off the board but couldn't hold them out permanently, as Orlando scored the last three goals of the game to close the gap but ultimately suffer the loss.
The Fuel and Solar Bears rematch tomorrow night in Orlando at 7:05 pm. The Morellis Cleaners Indy Fuel pregame show starts 15 minutes prior to puck drop on CBS Sports 1430.
IND 2-for-4 ORL 1-for-4
Brandon Wong (2-2-4, +1, 3 shots)
Alex Lavoie (2-0-2, E, 3 shots)
Brady Vail (2-0-2, E, 6 shots)
- Rhett Bly has points in nine of his last 11 games (6-6-12) and points in four straight (2-2-4)
- Branden Wong's four-point night was the third by a Fuel player this season along with Adam Lapsansky and Peter Scheider
- Alex Lavoie scored twice in a game for the third time this season
- Zach Miskovic has a three-gae point streak (2-1-3)
Single-game tickets are now on sale at Ticketmaster or at the Indiana Farmers Coliseum box office, while a variety of different ticket plans and group specials are available by calling (317) 925-FUEL or visiting IndyFuelHockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 17, 2016
- Norfolk Takes Bite out of Conference Leader in 4-2 Win at Home - Norfolk Admirals
- Fuel Tame Solar Bears 5-3 - Indy Fuel
- Eagles Score Three Power-Play Goals in 4-3 Loss at Toledo - Colorado Eagles
- Comeback Attempt Comes up Short as Solar Bears Fall to Fuel, 5-3 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Walleye Bull Past Colorado 4-3 for Seventh Home Win - Toledo Walleye
- Monarchs Dethrone Royals, 4-3, in Overtime Thriller - Manchester Monarchs
- Elmira Falls to Wheeling in Overtime, 3-2 - Elmira Jackals
- Everblades Open Road Trip with 4-2 Loss to Admirals - Florida Everblades
- Nailers Bat Away Jackals, 3-2 in Overtime - Wheeling Nailers
- Aces Trade Goaltender Steven Summerhays to Missouri - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Transactions - February 17 - ECHL
- Bootland Brothers Clash, Familiar Faces Return this Weekend at Wings Event Center - Kalamazoo Wings
- Knight Assigned to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Stingrays Sign Forward Kelly Zajac - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mallards Kick off Homestand this Weekend - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers at Jackals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- 2016/17 Season Tickets on Sale Now at 20% Off - Alaska Aces
- Josh Robinson Called-Up to American Hockey League - Kansas City Mavericks
- Jackals Return Home to Host Wheeling - Elmira Jackals
- Everblades Announce Several Roster Moves - Florida Everblades
- INTRUST Bank Arena Implements Security Enhancements - Wichita Thunder
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Today - February 17 - ECHL
- Mavericks Shutout Tulsa 3-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.