Knight Assigned to Mallards
MOLINE, Ill. - Forward Jared Knight has been assigned to the Quad City Mallards by the American Hockey League's Iowa Wild, the Mallards announced today.
Knight, 24, returns to the Quad Cities after scoring once and picking up an assist in three games over two stints with the Mallards earlier this season. Knight has scored once and added five assists in 32 games with Iowa this year. The 5' 11", 200-pound Battle Creek, Michigan, native was traded by the Boston Bruins to the Minnesota Wild last March. He recorded four goals and six assists to total ten points in 52 AHL games while splitting last season between Iowa and the Providence Bruins.
Knight spent the bulk of his first three professional seasons with Providence after being selected by Boston in the second round of the 2010 National Hockey League Entry Draft with the thirty-second overall choice. He has scored 11 goals and picked up 29 assists for 40 points 155 career AHL games. Knight first saw ECHL action when he played two games for the South Carolina Stingrays in 2012-13.
Before turning pro, Knight enjoyed four successful junior seasons with the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League. Knight led London in goals (36) in 2009-10 and points (70) in 2010-11 before helping the Knights to the 2012 OHL Robertson Cup title. He piled up 102 goals, 107 assists and 209 points in 250 career OHL games.
The Mallards next play at home next Friday night at 7:05 p.m. against the Cincinnati Cyclones. Friday also brings the return of $1 Dog/$1 Beer Night presented by 97X and MetroLINK College Night.
Single game tickets for all Mallards regular season home games- including Friday's contest- are on sale now at the iWireless Center box office, Ticketmaster outlets, ticketmaster.com and Ticketmaster charge-by-phone toll free at 1-800-745-3000. The box office is open weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Tickets are available for $10, $16, $20 and $28.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 17, 2016
- Norfolk Takes Bite out of Conference Leader in 4-2 Win at Home - Norfolk Admirals
- Fuel Tame Solar Bears 5-3 - Indy Fuel
- Eagles Score Three Power-Play Goals in 4-3 Loss at Toledo - Colorado Eagles
- Comeback Attempt Comes up Short as Solar Bears Fall to Fuel, 5-3 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Walleye Bull Past Colorado 4-3 for Seventh Home Win - Toledo Walleye
- Monarchs Dethrone Royals, 4-3, in Overtime Thriller - Manchester Monarchs
- Elmira Falls to Wheeling in Overtime, 3-2 - Elmira Jackals
- Everblades Open Road Trip with 4-2 Loss to Admirals - Florida Everblades
- Nailers Bat Away Jackals, 3-2 in Overtime - Wheeling Nailers
- Aces Trade Goaltender Steven Summerhays to Missouri - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Transactions - February 17 - ECHL
- Bootland Brothers Clash, Familiar Faces Return this Weekend at Wings Event Center - Kalamazoo Wings
- Knight Assigned to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Stingrays Sign Forward Kelly Zajac - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mallards Kick off Homestand this Weekend - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers at Jackals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- 2016/17 Season Tickets on Sale Now at 20% Off - Alaska Aces
- Josh Robinson Called-Up to American Hockey League - Kansas City Mavericks
- Jackals Return Home to Host Wheeling - Elmira Jackals
- Everblades Announce Several Roster Moves - Florida Everblades
- INTRUST Bank Arena Implements Security Enhancements - Wichita Thunder
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Today - February 17 - ECHL
- Mavericks Shutout Tulsa 3-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad City Mallards Stories
- Mallards Clearance Sale this Week
- Motte, Osipov Head to AHL
- Mallards Rally to Win Finale
- Mallards Game Day
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings