Everblades Announce Several Roster Moves
ESTERO, FL - Florida Everblades President and General Manager Craig Brush along with Head Coach Greg Poss announced several roster moves heading into Wednesday's game at Norfolk. Goaltender Daniel Altshuller (pictured above) has been reassigned to the Everblades from the Carolina Hurricanes (NHL). The move comes a day after goaltender Anthony Peters was recalled to the Charlotte Checkers (AHL). In addition, forward Carter Sandlak has been reassigned to the Everblades from Charlotte.
Altshuller, 21, returns to the Everblades where he has posted a 10-3-0-0 record with three shutouts, a 1.58 goals-against-average and a .941 save-percentage this season. The 6-4, 210-pound netminder has also accrued a 9-6-3-0 record with a 2.55 goals-against-average and a .913 save percentage in 19 appearances with Charlotte this season. The Nepean, Ontario native has joined NHL's Carolina Hurricanes twice this season serving in a backup capacity.
Peters, 25, joins the Checkers having totaled a 20-10-1 record with two shutouts, a 2.09 goals-against-average and a .925 save-percentage in 33 games played with the Everblades this season. Last season, the 6-1, 196-pound goaltender posted a 2-0 record with the Everblades which included a shutout performance in his pro debut last March in Greenville. In addition, Peters appeared in seven games last season with the AHL's Rochester Americans. The Blyth, Ontario native signed an AHL contract with Charlotte this summer.
Sandlak, 22, returns to Florida where he has recorded six points (2g, 4a) in ten appearances. Sandlak, has logged an assist in ten appearances with the Checkers this season. Last season, he registered four points (2g, 2a) with 69 penalty minutes in 44 appearances with the Checkers. In addition, the 6-2, 205-pound winger logged three assists in three games played with the Everblades last spring as well. The Vancouver, BC native posted 48 points (24g, 24a) in 61 games played with the Plymouth Whalers (OHL) in 2013-14
Both Altshuller and Sandlak are expected to be in the lineup on Wednesday when the Everblades battle the Norfolk Admirals in Norfolk, Virginia. Game time is set for 7:15 p.m. fans can catch the game broadcast on 770-AM and online for free.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 17, 2016
- Norfolk Takes Bite out of Conference Leader in 4-2 Win at Home - Norfolk Admirals
- Fuel Tame Solar Bears 5-3 - Indy Fuel
- Eagles Score Three Power-Play Goals in 4-3 Loss at Toledo - Colorado Eagles
- Comeback Attempt Comes up Short as Solar Bears Fall to Fuel, 5-3 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Walleye Bull Past Colorado 4-3 for Seventh Home Win - Toledo Walleye
- Monarchs Dethrone Royals, 4-3, in Overtime Thriller - Manchester Monarchs
- Elmira Falls to Wheeling in Overtime, 3-2 - Elmira Jackals
- Everblades Open Road Trip with 4-2 Loss to Admirals - Florida Everblades
- Nailers Bat Away Jackals, 3-2 in Overtime - Wheeling Nailers
- Aces Trade Goaltender Steven Summerhays to Missouri - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Transactions - February 17 - ECHL
- Bootland Brothers Clash, Familiar Faces Return this Weekend at Wings Event Center - Kalamazoo Wings
- Knight Assigned to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Stingrays Sign Forward Kelly Zajac - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mallards Kick off Homestand this Weekend - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers at Jackals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- 2016/17 Season Tickets on Sale Now at 20% Off - Alaska Aces
- Josh Robinson Called-Up to American Hockey League - Kansas City Mavericks
- Jackals Return Home to Host Wheeling - Elmira Jackals
- Everblades Announce Several Roster Moves - Florida Everblades
- INTRUST Bank Arena Implements Security Enhancements - Wichita Thunder
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Today - February 17 - ECHL
- Mavericks Shutout Tulsa 3-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Tanner Jeannot Recalled to AHL's Milwaukee Admirals
- 'Blades Weekly: Rivalry with Orlando Starts up this Weekend
- Second Period Burst Sends 'Blades Past Norfolk on Opening Night
- 'Blades Open Home Schedule against Admirals
- Michael Downing Loaned to AHL's Bakersfield Condors