Four Philadelphia Union Players Receive International Call-Ups
CHESTER, Pa. - Philadelphia Union announced today that four of the club's players have received international call-ups ahead of the upcoming FIFA window. Cory Burke, Andre Blake (both Jamaica), Warren Creavalle (Guyana) and Matt Real (United States Under-20) will all join their respective national teams next week.
Blake and Burke join the Reggae Boyz ahead of two matches: a Concacaf Nations League contest at El Salvador (March 23) and an international friendly at Costa Rica (March 26). In the Concacaf Nations League qualification phase, which is entering its final matchday, Jamaica is in fifth place out of 34 teams and would clinch a berth in both League A of the 2019-20 Concacaf Nations League as well as the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup with a victory in the match at El Salvador. Both Union players are regulars with the Jamaican National Team; Blake has earned 35 caps for the side while Burke has made 16 appearances for his country.
Creavalle joins Guyana ahead of their Concacaf Nations League qualification contest, which is vs. Belize (March 23). Guyana is in eighth place out of 34 and is also looking to clinch a berth in the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup. Creavalle has appeared four times for Guyana in his career. The midfielder will be looking to earn his first cap since November 14, 2017, when he started in a 1-1 friendly draw vs. Trinidad and Tobago.
Meanwhile, Real is headed to San Pedro del Pinatar, Spain where he and the U-20s will play France (March 22) and Japan (March 25). He most recently joined the U-20s for the 2018 Concacaf U-20 Championship, where he was the team's captain en route to capturing the title and a berth in the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 14, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: March 14, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Three FC Cincinnati Players Called up for International Matches - FC Cincinnati
- New England Revolution Loan Zachary Herivaux and Brian Wright to Birmingham Legion FC - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC's Waylon Francis, Justin Meram and Aboubacar Keita Receive International Call-Ups - Columbus Crew SC
- Match Preview: New York Hosts San Jose for MLS Home Opener - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Goalkeeper Trey Muse Called into U.S. U-20 Men's National Team - Seattle Sounders FC
- Four Philadelphia Union Players Receive International Call-Ups - Philadelphia Union
- Three New England Revolution Players Called in for National Team Duty - New England Revolution
- Five MNUFC Players Called into International Duty - Minnesota United FC
- Atlanta United Players Receive MLS Cup Championship Rings - Atlanta United FC
- Chicago Fire Acquires Argentina National Team Midfielder Nicolas Gaitan - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Secures Prestigious Friendly against Real Betis in May - D.C. United
- New York Red Bulls to Commemorate 2018 Supporters' Shield at Home Opener on Saturday - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- Philadelphia Union Sign Defender Jack Elliott to New Contract
- First-place Union remain unbeaten in their last six games after draw in front of sellout Talen Energy Stadium crowd
- Union win on the road in Toronto for the first time since 2014
- Union's Mark McKenzie, Matt Real Called up by United States Under-20 National Team Ahead of 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup
- Philadelphia Union Receive $175,000 in General Allocation Money from Nashville SC