New England Revolution Loan Zachary Herivaux and Brian Wright to Birmingham Legion FC
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Revolution have loaned midfielder Zachary Herivaux and forward Brian Wright to Birmingham Legion FC of the USL Championship. Both players may be recalled by New England from their open-ended loans at any time during the season.
Herivaux, 23, is in his fifth professional season after signing with the Revolution as the club's third ever Homegrown Player in 2015. The Brookline, Mass. native has made 10 career MLS appearances, including two starts, as well as eight additional appearances and two goals in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup play. Herivaux, who owns five international caps with the Haiti National Team, registered four appearances and scored one goal while on loan with USL side San Antonio FC in 2017.
Wright, 23, is in his third professional season after being selected by New England with the 20th-overall pick in the 2017 MLS SuperDraft. The Ajax, Ontario native has made 12 appearances in MLS play with one goal scored. In U.S. Open Cup competition, Wright has added one goal in four games for the Revs. In 2017, he made three appearances with two starts in USL play while on loan with Tulsa Roughnecks FC.
Revolution connections abound with Birmingham Legion FC, which is in its first season of play in the USL Championship after launching in 2018 under the direction of former Revolution defender (2001-09) and head coach (2012-17) Jay Heaps, who serves as the Legion's president and general manager. Former Revolution assistant coach (2014-17) and interim head coach (2017) Tom Soehn is Birmingham's first ever head coach, while former Revs forward Khano Smith (2005-08, 2010) is an assistant coach with the club. Three other former Revs players are currently on Birmingham's roster including Femi Hollinger-Janzen (2016-18), Daigo Kobayashi (2014-17), and Trevor Spangenberg (2015).
The Revolution will return to MLS action this Sunday, March 17, when the club travels to BMO Field for a meeting with Toronto FC. The match will kick off at 7:30 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Boston, 98.5 The Sports Hub, and 1260 AM Nossa Radio. For up-to-the-minute information on the Revolution, visit the team's official web site at revolutionsoccer.net, or join the conversation and interact with fans on any of the team's social platforms.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 14, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: March 14, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Three FC Cincinnati Players Called up for International Matches - FC Cincinnati
- New England Revolution Loan Zachary Herivaux and Brian Wright to Birmingham Legion FC - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC's Waylon Francis, Justin Meram and Aboubacar Keita Receive International Call-Ups - Columbus Crew SC
- Match Preview: New York Hosts San Jose for MLS Home Opener - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Goalkeeper Trey Muse Called into U.S. U-20 Men's National Team - Seattle Sounders FC
- Four Philadelphia Union Players Receive International Call-Ups - Philadelphia Union
- Three New England Revolution Players Called in for National Team Duty - New England Revolution
- Five MNUFC Players Called into International Duty - Minnesota United FC
- Atlanta United Players Receive MLS Cup Championship Rings - Atlanta United FC
- Chicago Fire Acquires Argentina National Team Midfielder Nicolas Gaitan - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Secures Prestigious Friendly against Real Betis in May - D.C. United
- New York Red Bulls to Commemorate 2018 Supporters' Shield at Home Opener on Saturday - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- New Kickoff Times Announced for Revolution Home Matches on June 26 and July 27
- Revolution Draw Montreal Impact in Saturday Matinee, 0-0
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Montreal Impact
- Chelsea FC Tops Revolution, 3-0, in "Final Whistle on Hate" Charity Match
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Chelsea FC in the "Final Whistle on Hate" Match