D.C. United Secures Prestigious Friendly against Real Betis in May
D.C. United have announced a friendly match against Real Betis of Spain's La Liga on Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at Audi Field at 8:00 PM ET. Real Betis are currently eighth in La Liga.
Real Betis are one of Spain's most high profile clubs and were established in 1907 in Seville; one of the most well-known and historic cities in Spain.
They are one of the most followed teams in Spain with Betis being the fourth largest Spanish team behind Real Madrid, FC Barcelona and Atlético de Madrid in numbers of fans.
Real Betis have well-known international players including current captain and club legend Joaquín. They also have Mexican National Team superstar Andrés Guadrado, Spanish forward Jesé and former Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund defender Marc Bartra.
Jason Levien, D.C. United's Managing Partner and CEO, said: "We are thrilled to have secured this top notch friendly fixture against La Liga side Real Betis at Audi Field for our brilliant Black-and-Red supporters. We are sure that D.C. United fans will look forward to and enjoy this game against a top European club. This is just one of a few high-profile friendly games we are looking to secure at Audi Field for our fans and the District's soccer community."
Real Betis' Business General Manager, Ramón Alarcón, said: "This is an extraordinary opportunity. It will be the first time we play in the United States and we are delighted to face one of the main teams in the MLS and to do it so in one of the best venues in America. We are trying to continue with the international expansion of our Club, with the aim of bringing Real Betis Balompié closer to all our fans around the World."
D.C. United are continuing to work on hosting a variety of international clubs to ensure that Audi Field becomes a premier location for international soccer. The Black-and-Red will continue to pursue friendly matches against international opponents to appeal to the diverse and multicultural community in the District.
D.C. United Season Ticket Members will receive tickets for this match as part of their membership as this will be the first friendly included in memberships. Members can access their digital tickets immediately via the D.C. United App or www.dcunited.com/accountmanager. Members can also purchase additional tickets in priority locations via the app or Account Manager as well.
Non-season ticket members can now purchase tickets for the match.
Groups of 10 or more that are interested in discounted ticket prices and on-field experiences for this friendly, can call or text (202) 655-2842 for more info.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 14, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: March 14, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Three FC Cincinnati Players Called up for International Matches - FC Cincinnati
- New England Revolution Loan Zachary Herivaux and Brian Wright to Birmingham Legion FC - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC's Waylon Francis, Justin Meram and Aboubacar Keita Receive International Call-Ups - Columbus Crew SC
- Match Preview: New York Hosts San Jose for MLS Home Opener - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Goalkeeper Trey Muse Called into U.S. U-20 Men's National Team - Seattle Sounders FC
- Four Philadelphia Union Players Receive International Call-Ups - Philadelphia Union
- Three New England Revolution Players Called in for National Team Duty - New England Revolution
- Five MNUFC Players Called into International Duty - Minnesota United FC
- Atlanta United Players Receive MLS Cup Championship Rings - Atlanta United FC
- Chicago Fire Acquires Argentina National Team Midfielder Nicolas Gaitan - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Secures Prestigious Friendly against Real Betis in May - D.C. United
- New York Red Bulls to Commemorate 2018 Supporters' Shield at Home Opener on Saturday - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- Griffin Yow Named in World Cup Squad for U.S. U-17 Boys' National Team
- Arriola, Moreno and Rodriguez on International Duty Ahead of Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoff Match
- Time and Broadcast Update for Match against Toronto on October 19
- D.C. United Draw FC Cincinnati 0-0 in Final MLS Regular Season Match
- D.C. United Issues Club Statement on FloSports