Three FC Cincinnati Players Called up for International Matches
CINCINNATI - Three FC Cincinnati players have been called up to national teams for matches during the upcoming FIFA window that starts next Monday. Allan Cruz and Kendall Waston have been called in to Costa Rica, while Frankie Amaya has been called in to the U.S. Under-20 Men's National Team.
All three players will be unavailable for selection in FC Cincinnati's match at New England on March 24.
Two of the three players have already featured for FC Cincinnati in at least one of two MLS matches played this season. Amaya, the No. 1 selection in the 2019 MLS SuperDraft, is the lone player to have not yet made a regular-season appearance for the Orange and Blue.
Cruz and Waston will be on Costa Rica's 23-man roster for international friendlies at Guatemala on March 22 and against Jamaica on March 26. Cruz started and played 90 minutes for the Ticos in their most recent international match, a friendly against the United States Men's National Team on Feb. 2. Waston's most recent appearance with Costa Rica was a friendly at Peru on Nov. 21, 2018.
Amaya will join the U.S. U-20 MNT's 20-man roster in Spain for the team's final training camp before this summer's FIFA U-20 World Cup. During the camp, the United States will play France on March 22 and Japan on March 25. Both matches will be played at the Pinatar Arena in San Pedro del Pinatar, Spain. Amaya last played for the U-20s during the 2018 Concacaf U-20 Championship in November 2018.
FC Cincinnati will make their home debut as an MLS team at Nippert Stadium on Sunday, March 17, when the team hosts MLS Cup finalists Portland Timbers at 5 p.m. The match will be televised nationally live on FS1, streamed on FOX Sports GO and carried on the radio on WDJO. Season tickets, mini plans and individual-game tickets are on sale at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 14, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: March 14, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Three FC Cincinnati Players Called up for International Matches - FC Cincinnati
- New England Revolution Loan Zachary Herivaux and Brian Wright to Birmingham Legion FC - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC's Waylon Francis, Justin Meram and Aboubacar Keita Receive International Call-Ups - Columbus Crew SC
- Match Preview: New York Hosts San Jose for MLS Home Opener - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Goalkeeper Trey Muse Called into U.S. U-20 Men's National Team - Seattle Sounders FC
- Four Philadelphia Union Players Receive International Call-Ups - Philadelphia Union
- Three New England Revolution Players Called in for National Team Duty - New England Revolution
- Five MNUFC Players Called into International Duty - Minnesota United FC
- Atlanta United Players Receive MLS Cup Championship Rings - Atlanta United FC
- Chicago Fire Acquires Argentina National Team Midfielder Nicolas Gaitan - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Secures Prestigious Friendly against Real Betis in May - D.C. United
- New York Red Bulls to Commemorate 2018 Supporters' Shield at Home Opener on Saturday - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- Four Tabbed to MLS Team of the Week After Electric Home Opener
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: March 18, 2019
- Orange and Blue record first-ever MLS win in home opener
- Sunday's FC Cincinnati MLS Home Opener is Sold Out
- Mattocks, Powell Called up to Jamaica for International Matches