Sounders FC Goalkeeper Trey Muse Called into U.S. U-20 Men's National Team
SEATTLE, WASH. - Sounders FC goalkeeper Trey Muse has been named to the 20-player roster for U.S. Under-20 Men's National Team in Head Coach Tab Ramos' final training camp before this summer's FIFA U-20 World Cup in Poland. The U.S. is set to face two fellow World Cup participants, beginning with France on Friday, March 22 and Japan on Monday, March 25, with both matches played at Pinatar Arena in San Pedro del Pinatar, Spain, where camp is taking place.
The fixtures against France and Japan serve as the U-20 MNT's final official international matches before they begin Group D play at the U-20 World Cup in Poland this summer. Ramos' squad opens against Ukraine on May 24, before facing Nigeria on May 27 and finishing the Group Stage on May 30 against Qatar. Players born on or after January 1, 1999 are age-eligible for the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
Muse, 19, earned a shutout in his first professional appearance last Friday in the 2019 season opener for Tacoma Defiance, Sounders FC's USL side. Prior to signing with Seattle as a Homegrown Player in January, Muse started all 49 of his appearances over two seasons at Indiana University, where the Hoosiers advanced to the College Cup - the final four teams of the NCAA Soccer Tournament - in both 2017 and 2018. The 2018 MAC Hermann Trophy finalist and First Team All-American accumulated an impressive career 38-4-7 record with a 0.39 goals against average and 30 individual shutouts.
Prior to Indiana, Muse spent two years with Sounders FC Academy in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy. He earned a number of accolades, including 2015-2016 Western Conference U-15/16 Goalkeeper of the Year, 2016-2017 Western Conference Goalkeeper of the Year, and 2016-2017 Western Conference Player of the Year. During the 2016-2017 season, Muse helped guide the Sounders to a third-place finish in the USSDA Playoffs, the club's best-ever finish at the time.
Following back-to-back home wins to open the 2019 campaign, Sounders FC hits the road for the first time this season to face the Chicago Fire on Saturday, March 16 at SeatGeek Stadium (10:00 a.m. PT / JOEtv, YouTube TV, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 14, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: March 14, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Three FC Cincinnati Players Called up for International Matches - FC Cincinnati
- New England Revolution Loan Zachary Herivaux and Brian Wright to Birmingham Legion FC - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC's Waylon Francis, Justin Meram and Aboubacar Keita Receive International Call-Ups - Columbus Crew SC
- Match Preview: New York Hosts San Jose for MLS Home Opener - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Goalkeeper Trey Muse Called into U.S. U-20 Men's National Team - Seattle Sounders FC
- Four Philadelphia Union Players Receive International Call-Ups - Philadelphia Union
- Three New England Revolution Players Called in for National Team Duty - New England Revolution
- Five MNUFC Players Called into International Duty - Minnesota United FC
- Atlanta United Players Receive MLS Cup Championship Rings - Atlanta United FC
- Chicago Fire Acquires Argentina National Team Midfielder Nicolas Gaitan - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Secures Prestigious Friendly against Real Betis in May - D.C. United
- New York Red Bulls to Commemorate 2018 Supporters' Shield at Home Opener on Saturday - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. San Jose Earthquakes - April 24, 2019
- Sounders FC Celebrates Its NASL Past with Heritage Match vs. San Jose this Wednesday
- Sounders FC to Host International Friendly on July 17 vs. German Powerhouse Borussia Dortmund
- Sounders FC Drops First Match of 2019 Season in 4-1 Loss to Los Angeles FC
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Los Angeles FC - April 21, 2019